Thread: Advice needed should i re-train

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      tor535 is on a distinguished road

Advice needed should i re-train

Hi My name is Victoria I am 32 years of age,
      I am currently a delivery office manager (operations Manager)in Royal Mail I have 5 years experience in this role some of my duties listed below
      Responsible for the overall management of delivery operations within the unit.
      Responsible for the achievement of quality, financial, customer and employee targets and objectives.
      Responsible for the health and safety of all colleagues within a defined area.
      Fleet management and control within the unit
      Coach, support, mentor and motivate colleagues within a workplace setting
      Supervision, training, ensuring performance standards are met, challenging poor performance and dealing with any conduct issues that may arise and resource planning
      Manage office budgets and individual performance targets
      Customer service

I also have 6 years managerial experience in food and beverage management

I do not have much in regards to qualifications

Attained Certificate in Responsible Service of alcohol

Attained certificates in handling conflict, complete -comply and win and developing as a manager.

current certificate in First Aid at Work

City & Guilds achieved numeracy and literacy.
      NVQ Level 2 in small animal care.
      Gcse in English, English Literature, Office Studies, Science Dual Award, Art, Drama,

I have my heart set on living in australia and am not sure if i could gain sponsorship, I have been appling for several positions hoping to maybe find a employer to sponsor me but with no avail

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE ON HOW I SHOULD PROCEED

I AM MORE THAN WILLING TO COMPLETELY RETRAIN IN ANY FEILD
      I HAVE BEEN LOOKING INTO HEALTH AND SAFETY BUT NOT SURE IF THAT WOULD BE PRACTICAL

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

THANKS
      VICTORIA

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Aldo is a Dil
      Liked
      23 times
      Rep
      thearmchairdetective is on a distinguished road
      Hi Victoria, you really need to speak to an agent that you sort you out with your prospects.
      I will sort out one that might help and get back to you.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      tor535 is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by thearmchairdetective View Post
      Hi Victoria, you really need to speak to an agent that you sort you out with your prospects.
      I will sort out one that might help and get back to you.

Thanks Tony

I have spoke to agents and they say sponsorship but I am not finding it easy getting any employer. I have applied for over 100 positions and just keep getting rejected. I have looked at a company thinkingaustralia.com that helps line you up with employers but am not sure if they are any good as I can not find any reviews on the services and when aske dthey could not give me a percentage on the sucess rate they have. I do have a boyfriend who is australian but we were only together for a few months before i left and i would rather not go down the partner route although we are still together we would not be able to get a visa as we have not been together for over a year.

Thanks any recomendations for agents would help
      Last edited by tor535; 27-06-2010 at 07:20 PM.

Title
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      No1spark is on a distinguished road
      Victoria,
      if you dont have qualifications then you wont get the required points for migration the qualifications are the main part of the points system sorry to say.

Arthur in Melbourne
      purple likes this.

Title
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      craigower is on a distinguished road
      Victoria,

I've been out in Oz (Gold Coast) from September of last year and have been looking at the job market in some detail and a very common statement in job advertisements is " recognised qualification" where "recognised" really means Australian qualification or Australian certified. Attached is a link to an area of the www.immi.gov.au website that provides more detail http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/a-z.htm.

I've also found that even a van driver needs to be licenced to a certain level, with usually a minimum of two years experience working at that level, so getting a job on the east coast at any level certainly isn't easy unless you excel in one of the occupations on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) Skilled Occupation Lists (Formerly Known as Form 1121i) where if you meet the requirements it'd certainly give you a better chance of being sponsored.

Although, I'm aware that demand on the west coast is much greater so if you're not too fussed where to migrate my advice would be to opt for the west coast where gaining employment might be a bit easier, so contacting recruitment agencies in Western Australia may be useful, or if you can afford it come out for a holiday and go and doorstep the agencies and kill two birds with one stone, see if the place suits you and get a handle on employment opportunities at the same time.

Good Luck anyway!
      Tim and purple like this.

Title
      Liked
      169 times
      Rep
      purple is on a distinguished road
      Excellent advice and insight, Craig.
      Thanks for posting the link too.
      If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace. - John Lennon 1940 - 1980

Tim

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      Tim is on a distinguished road
      Hi Victoria,

I would have to agree with the above.. very difficult without the right qualifications (and experience). The options would be limited.

I was going to suggest a WHV however, the cut off ae is 30. :-).

Unless you can get a sponsored visa, I think your opportunities for migration would be limited.

TIm