Welcome to British Expats Abroad
    Like Tree3Likes
    • 1 Post By Cal
    • 1 Post By guest3160
    • 1 Post By peacock

Thread: Best places to settle in Perth for a nurse and diesel fitter!

nurse73

Best places to settle in Perth for a nurse and diesel fitter!

Hi all

My hubby has just passed the VETASSESS process and we are now lodging our visa application for sponsorship by Western Australia (176). We now have to put on the application form which areas we are thinking of living in and need help!

I am a nurse with 6 months experience and my hubby has over 22yrs experience. We are looking to move to Perth and be near hospitals for my work, school for our son (aged 9) and work for hubby. I have been looking at other sites and people seem to be recommending Bunbany and Albany - any thoughts, suggestions and advice!!!

Many thanks Babs

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      purple
      Hi Babs, and welcome to the forum
      You'll find there are a bunch of Aussie based Brits in here, so I'm pretty confident someone will come up with an answer for you.
      Meanwhile enjoy searching in the message sections!
      :)

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      891 times
      Rep
      Ktee is on a distinguished road
      Hi Babs
      Welcome to BA, unfortunately I am at the other side of Oz so can't help much, I know a couple of our members are in Perth and I think one is a nurse so they may be able to help. Otherwise you could try perthpoms.com our sister forum.
      Kate

Cal

Title
      Liked
      217 times
      Rep
      Cal will become famous soon enough
      Hi welcome to BA
      My hubby is a diesel mechanic and we have been here just over 4 years. He lectures a couple of times a month teaching common rail and gets to varying parts of Oz. I will ask if he has any contacts in WA and if so will forwards you the details.
      Lots of luck with everything
      Cal x
      purple likes this.

Remember the road to success is always under construction...

Title
      Liked
      502 times
      Rep
      guest3160 is on a distinguished road
      Take your pick I think Babs, you'll have no worries anywhere in WA as a nurse not sure about your hubbys trade but the Perth metro area is a good place to start looking.
      purple likes this.

peacock
      A lot of the heavy truck stuff is done in Kewdale and Welshpool, should get work there as a diesel fitter, Cummins and other makes have there depots there, hospitals spread all over Perth, there building a huge new one, The Fiona Stanley hospital right by the railway line at South St, so that should be easy to get to, anywhere on the South st areas would make sense to live for reasonable access to these areas.
      Cal likes this.