Thread: "Bring a plate"

Ali

Title
      Liked
      43 times
      Rep
      Ali is on a distinguished road

"Bring a plate"

Have you any interesting ideas for when you're asked to bring a plate? I'm no Nigella,

At xmas for the street party, I did strawberries and choc dip, plus prawns with a bit of smoked salmon wrapped around them (easy peasy - stick em on a cocktail stick) and i've done an hord d' oeuvre tray with olives etc.,
      I've also taken a bowl of diced water melon, sliced red onion and cubed feta mixed together which sounds awful but is delicious. I've also taken the regualr coleslaw and a pavlova - but it's like going to a party wearing the same dress - you want to turn up with something different.

So - lets get the bring a plate section going with some interesting stuff.
      I've got my pen and paper at the ready lol
      Ali
      The only people you need in your life are the ones that prove they need you in theirs

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      moving2melbourne
      Wow Ali
      That sounds delicious. I think all I could stoop to would be a packet of chips in a bowl or anything ready made from Safeways, umm maybe that's why I don't get asked to many parties:idea:

Mark and Jo
      Quote Originally Posted by moving2melbourne View Post
      maybe that's why I don't get asked to many parties:idea:
      AAAHHHH, Id ask you up here but its long walk home for you!!!!

MMMM..bring a plate.....I think it depends on where you are going but i can think of....
      • cheese platter + fresh fruit
      • cheesecake - do u get "the cheesecake shop" there???

Deb
      Ali

If thats what you take when someone asks you to bring a plate you can come to mine anytime!!

I tend to leave anything like that to OH as he likes cooking!!

Yeah Jo the Cheesecake shop we have them here too and anything from there is....yum!!

Deb xx

moving2melbourne
      LOL:) It would be a long walk home, maybe just enough time to get me sobered up;)Ohh don't mention the cheesecake shop. I use to go in and buy three cakes, (2 being pavalova) and pretend I was treating the children until they told dad that they have never liked pavalova and mum eats it all - spoil sports!!!!

Cal

Title
      Liked
      218 times
      Rep
      Cal will become famous soon enough
      Ali your a bit posh arent you ,whats wrong with a bag of crisp,lol!!!
      I normally ask if im ok to use the kitchen for 10 mins when we get there and make a Cheesy cob loaf,saying that most folk now ask if ill make it!! someone made me one when we first came and all of us love it ,even Zak who dosnt like cheese??????lol
      Cal x

Remember the road to success is always under construction...

Mark and Jo
      Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
      Ali your a bit posh arent you ,whats wrong with a bag of crisp,lol!!!
      I normally ask if im ok to use the kitchen for 10 mins when we get there and make a Cheesy cob loaf,saying that most folk now ask if ill make it!! someone made me one when we first came and all of us love it ,even Zak who dosnt like cheese??????lol
      Cal x
      Oh you can come here when I have a barbie! Never had cheesy cob loaf!!!

Ali

Title
      Liked
      43 times
      Rep
      Ali is on a distinguished road
      How do you make that - sounds delicious - tell me what to do (in idiot speak please i.e. step 1)

Ali
      The only people you need in your life are the ones that prove they need you in theirs

Cal

Title
      Liked
      218 times
      Rep
      Cal will become famous soon enough
      LMAO ,if i can do it Ali ,anyone can ,,ok here goes
      get 1 large cob loaf
      Cut the top off and pull all the bread out from inside(dont throw away).
      In a bowl mix a small tub of sour cream ,with half a jug of grated cheese,a couple of chopped finely spring onions,spoonful of garlic and handful of chopped bacon cubes,heat in microwave and stir every few seconds until it all starts sticking together.
      Tip the mix into the empty cob loaf,break all the spare bread into decent size pieces and scatter around a baking tray ,put everything in oven for 5 mins till the top starts to brown ,,
      get out of oven ,plonk on a plate with the crispy bread around the outside ,pick the biggest piece and start dipping out the mix!!! if theres lots of mix left and not much bread ,leg it into kitchen and put some crust in toaster quick!!
      OR YOU CAN KEEP THE TOP TO 'DECORATE',
      Cal x

Remember the road to success is always under construction...

donovan
      Hey Cal my Ozzy friend makes that for me, it's really yummy!!, I keep pretending I can't remember how how to make it so she always brings one round to my house when we have a party., the things we do for food eh!!

Sarah x

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast