Welcome to British Expats Abroad
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Bring a plate"

moving2melbourne
      Cal
      That sounds delicious, if ever your in melbourne please feel free to come round and bring a plate, nudge, nudge

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      Cal

Title
      Liked
      218 times
      Rep
      Cal will become famous soon enough
      lol, you couldve said that a few weeks ago when hubby was there,lol, we were going to come with him but as i didnt know the area or what to do with 2 terrors whilst he was working so i stayed put here,,lol, so next time ,ill bring my box of ingredients and cook you up a treat ,lol
      Cal x

Remember the road to success is always under construction...

moving2melbourne
      Sounds great, I will hold you to that.

Sizeyuk
      At least I now know what 'bring a plate' means, on holiday in Oz in 2006/7, I first saw that on a party invitation, I went to my daughters cupboards, asking her " do you want to take everyday plates or your good ones, or paper plates, she put me right on what it means. Us old 'almost Poms' have a lot to learn about the Ozzy language.
      Last edited by Sizeyuk; 31-07-2008 at 03:52 PM.

Parmoboy
      I do love some of the modern ideas such 'bring a plate'
      I assume the intention is to minimise costs to the host of any get togethers is it not? marvalous idea.
      Mind you, I've just had a horrid thought, do some people think it means to bring an empty plate to enable them to fill it and take it home with them? after all there are some uncouth types about

Toodle Pip.

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Andy is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by Parmoboy View Post
      I do love some of the modern ideas such 'bring a plate'
      I assume the intention is to minimise costs to the host of any get togethers is it not? marvalous idea.
      Mind you, I've just had a horrid thought, do some people think it means to bring an empty plate to enable them to fill it and take it home with them? after all there are some uncouth types about

Toodle Pip.

In my part of Canada its compulsory bring at least 1 bottle of Ontario red and a dessert {pudding}

Regards Andy

Parmoboy
      Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
      In my part of Canada its compulsory bring at least 1 bottle of Ontario red and a dessert {pudding}

Regards Andy

I'm more of a whiskey man myself, do love a good malt.
      Having said that, a good wine is also delicious
      There are so many good wine producers around the world now you are spoilt for choice, I do not normaly quote but " you have never had it so good"

Toodle Pip

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12