Welcome to British Expats Abroad
      Bellini

Do we have the right skills to move to Australia?

Hi

I just have a couple of questions so hopefully someone knows the answers...My boyfriend and I are very interested in a move to Melbourne hopefully in the next 2 years. I am currently a student on a Salon Busines Management course and I have started a part time marketing course also, my boyfriend has a BA in product and transport design. We were in Melbourne last year on a working visa but had to cut it short as I was then notified I was successful at gaining a place at Uni, obviously education came first.
      I know that hairdressers are on the skills shortage list but couldn't see beauty anywhere. Does anyone know first hand what the Australian beauty industry is like? I have 10 years beauty retail and management experience already and really want to continue in this field to some extent. What would our chances be? We're still young at 28 with no family...yet. We were hoping to attend an emmigrate 2 show this year, but don't want to waste our time if our chances our slim. What do you all reckon? I know this was a rather long statement but any comments will be appreciated.

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      Andy Chapman
      Hi & welcome to the site.

Your best bet would be to google our parent site POMSINOZ which is mainly for expats lining in Oz.

Good Luck