Welcome to British Expats Abroad
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      rebdri is on a distinguished road
      Would be really grateful for recommendations and also the other points ive raised thanks ever so much for any help in this matter. Zoe
      :goofy:[/quote]
      We are using Excess Movers - they are coming to collect next week. We havent got a lot of stuff - about 480 cubic feet, which is only 1/2 20 ft container. We are paying 2,500 and we had the "is it worth it debate" My advice would be to fill in your spare insurance form to see the value of your stuff. My clothes were worth more than the container - didnt even realise. For example how many pairs of jeans have you got at 40 a pair !! Then theres the shoes - oh dear ha ha ha! Thats before you add on the electricals. I was really surprised that it was best part of 8K and we didnt include everything. When you think about your photos too - money well spent I say. Plus the things we have sold we got next to nothing for - so will have to pay towards them. Just so you know we had 3 quotes - all roughly the same - but our friends used Excess and said they were good.
      Hope this helps

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      zoe wilson is on a distinguished road
      Thanks for that appreciated.

oconnor
      Quote Originally Posted by rebdri View Post
      Hi Phil,

Still waiting for DHL - Burke Bros have quoted us 2400 slightly cheaper. We will have to decide next week so I will let you know. Insurance is 3% extra for both.
      We havent got to many books - as we tend to read them then pass them on. It is definetly cheaper to DIY - but I say let the experts do it for us. Because less chance of breakages and customs inspections. Let me know what he says though :)
      Becky
      We used Burke Bros in our move to Canada. 2 boxes were lost, including virtually all my daughters clothes and a small fortune in computer equipment. And everything was FAR from expertly packed. We suffered an unbelievable amount of damage as a result of their negligence.

We've set up a blog to document our experiences. I certainly hope you didn't use Burke Bros!

Read about our (ongoing) problems with Burke Bros

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      LuckyDevil is on a distinguished road
      Hi Phil
      I'm a kiwi based in London and loads of my mates have moved or are moving back to NZ with lots of possessions to send back to various parts of NZ. Anglo Pacific seems to be a popular choice. Apparently they will beat any quote from a competitor. If you can get hold of TNT magazine (or you can log on to their website), there are loads of shipping companies that advertise with them.

Take the books with you as books are so expensive in NZ compared to buying them here.

In terms of restrictions, check the MAF website (www.maf.govt.nz) - but I would have thought a decent shipping company that regularly ships to NZ could tell you what you need to know.
      Emily
      Lucky Devil online gifts www.lucky-devil.com

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12