Welcome to British Expats Abroad

Thread: Getting there

adacakes

Getting there

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone recommend a good airline. We have had a few quotes but we are willing to spend a little bit more for a well recommended airline, some airline that are great with the kids?
      any suggestions?

Thanks
      Ada

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      Ali

Title
      Liked
      43 times
      Rep
      Ali is on a distinguished road
      We flew Emirates to Brissy in 2005 and they were great, Flew Singapore to Perth and they were Excellent - would recommend both. With Singapore we ordered adult meals for the kids who were then 11 and 7 - they enjoyed them better than the kids meals (and I didn't have to share my dessert!!).

My dad, who is older has flown to Brissy twice - the first time via Heathrow - so it meant a BA flight from Manchester - he didn't like BA at all, Flew Quantas on the next legs and said they were great. Last year he flew Emirates and didnt' like the food (he loves foreign food - so it wasn't that), he said the food was only OK on the first leg of each flight i.e. out of UK and out of Aus.

I've flown Cathay and Thai in the distant past and they were both supurb - if you're flying out of London - you have alot more choice.

ali
      Last edited by Ali; 20-07-2008 at 02:50 AM.
      The only people you need in your life are the ones that prove they need you in theirs

Tim

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      Tim is on a distinguished road
      Hi Ada,

I would second that. I travel extensively with my job all over the place and my two recommendations would be Emirates and Singapore airlines. Their service is great and have always found them attantive to my needs.

On the other hand, I try and steer clear of both British Airways and Quantas. I find their staff can be ingorant and the customer service appauling. This is just based on my experience recently.

Tim

Cal

Title
      Liked
      218 times
      Rep
      Cal will become famous soon enough
      We flew here twice with Singapore Air ,my youngest was 2 the first time and the airline staff were great ,cannot fault them.Good luck
      Cal x

Remember the road to success is always under construction...

Sweetpea0701
      I have flown with Singapore Airlines 4 Times, and wouldn't fly with anyone else