Welcome to British Expats Abroad

Thread: Hello

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Daisy is on a distinguished road

Wink Hello

Hello new to the site, lived all over the place and finally settled in Aus 30 years ago with my husband who is a Scot. I am English.

I have relatives and friends all over the world we are a wandering lot.

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      Ali

Title
      Liked
      43 times
      Rep
      Ali is on a distinguished road
      Hi Daisy,

Only been in Oz 18 months so you beat us by quite a lot!! lol look forward to hearing your stories

Ali
      The only people you need in your life are the ones that prove they need you in theirs

Deb

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Deb is on a distinguished road
      Hiya Daisy

Welcome to Brits.

Deb xx

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Thanks for the welcome, even after all these years sometimes think on what I loved when I was there. When I visit I love it but am pleased to get home as this is now home for us. Its not perfect or shangrila but we are happy.

Cal

Title
      Liked
      218 times
      Rep
      Cal will become famous soon enough
      Hiya Daisy ,we escaped the UK nearly 2 years ago now and are loving life in Brisbane ,i nearly had a stress attack moving here ,how the heck have you done it all over and 'survived' ,,lol
      Cal x

Remember the road to success is always under construction...

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Yes Aus has changed a bit in thirty years but you know when you are bringing up children you do not notice the years fly by as everything is about them.

We have stayed where we are now for the last twenty years because after my childhood with the wandering parents I was not going to move my children.

That is why people do have to be quite sure what they want and stick things because as a child I hated all the new schools and moving around I just wanted to stay put actually in England I never wanted to leave in the first place but what can you do as a child. But I can say that moving two and fro is very unsettling for children. Sometimes we have to think of others not just ourselves and have to realise our husband and children are our family now. My parents just did what they wanted to.

Guess who is now keeping an eye on Mum yes me the meat in the sandwich between one generation and the other generation.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      mollyflanders is on a distinguished road
      welcome, we have spoken before, we came to be near our daughter, and gave up our house and everything, cost us an arm and a leg to come on cpv, we have initialy only paid for first 2 years, this is to see if we like it and we love it, cannot say the same for my daughter, she still misses home and the island life, so who knows we may all go back someday. I hope notas i love it here, and we would have to start yet agin if we do go back, so I have said if it comes to that, she can buy a big house with granny flat. I ain't buying again too old for mortgages.