Welcome to British Expats Abroad

Thread: hi to you all

the rankins

Wink hi to you all

hi to everyone.I am new to this site, I am just wondering if anyone could give me some advice.My oh is in the building trade and I am a teaching assistant we both have nvqs,where and how would we begin to look into emigrating?Would we stand any chance at all of moving to oz? Any advice would be very grateful!!!!

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      Cal

Title
      Liked
      218 times
      Rep
      Cal will become famous soon enough
      hiya guys ,,id ring an agent to explain the differnt type of visas and whats involved and needed to apply ,most agents will offer you free phone advice,Go Matilda,Visa Bureau and Cheryl Bird all seem to carry a good reputation ,dont think youd go wrong with either of them ,good luck,your trades are sure in demand ,its getting the ticket here thats the big hurdle,
      Cal x

Remember the road to success is always under construction...

the rankins
      Thanks very much for your advice,a friend of mine has just left to live in Brisbane, she is so lucky!!!!!!!! She told me to try this site.So do you think our trades are in demand?Would love to make the move to oz just wondering if we would stand any chance of getting a visa?I was not sure if nvq were recognised in oz????

Daisy

Thumbs up

Welcome I am new to but I do know that skilled people are needed here.

the rankins
      thanks very much chellem, thats good to know that i would hopefully find work in oz.We would just love to live in oz and have abetter life style for our two children.As we feel britain has not much to offer at the present!!!!My oh he has 24 years experience in the building trade. so that is very useful to know that is in high demand,as the building trade in britain is not very good at the moment!!!!!

Cal

Title
      Liked
      218 times
      Rep
      Cal will become famous soon enough
      They are building everywere in and around Brisbane ,theres loads of new houses ,shops and land estates being built,houses in general seem to be in demand.Have you visited any of Tims other sites yet? we have www.pomsinoz.com and www.britsabroad.com both great sites with loads of infomation on them. A good website also is www.ourbrisbane.com full of interesting articles on brisbane suburbs,property,jobs etc ,,
      Cal x

Remember the road to success is always under construction...

the rankins
      Many thanks Cal will look at these sites!!!!

hexham

Retiring to oz

Hi Guys,

Can anyone help and explain, in plain language, how I can go about retiring to Oz. I am 65 and sick of being ripped off by Gordon Brown and his cronies. I have looked at various sites in UK and the Australia House site but, whilst they have lots of info for people wanting to come out to work ( And good luck to them all ) I can't seem to get enough information on retiring. Any information will be very gratefully received. Thank You.