Welcome to British Expats Abroad

Thread: job hunting

philthomp

job hunting

hi all,

am looking to emigrate to new zealand, taranaki area if possible

i am male 55 years old, understand this may be the stumbling block in me findind employment

wife works in accounts presently studying for aat technician

anyone got any advice

i have worked in the oil/gas industry as operator/supervisor on many locations worldwide

love to come to new zealand and settle, but alas the hardest part is finding a job

uk gone too the dogs, need a fresh start

many thanks

phil

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      philthomp

chellem

thanks for the help

my wife is 38, if she was fully qualified would probaby be able to emigrate in her own right i think

rebdri
      Hi Phil,

We are going to New Zealand too and we already have friends who moved there 2 years ago. It all works on a point system and I know that you ger certain points depending on age - but if you have the right trade you will get loads of points. Have a look on this website below - loads of info on there.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/

Also if your wife gets in on her own merit - you will be able to apply with her :) Good luck

Andrew R Cochrane
      Hi, I'm trying to move to New Zealand. But dont have any idea what part to move to. What would be the best way to find out

freddyb45
      Get the local job paper there, its always the best option when trying to look for a job.