Welcome to British Expats Abroad

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Alex1994 is on a distinguished road

Me and partner want to move to NZ??

Hiya

i was wondering if some people can help me, me and my fiance are off to uni this year, he's studying animation and i'm studying performance (with plans of becoming a drama teacher), i'm 21 and he's 23 and our plan is once we graduate to emigrate to New Zealand, now a few years ago me and my family came very close to emigraiting ourselves, we paid a lot of money to an angency and my parents got jobs there but it ended up falling through at the last minute. I don't want us to make any mistakes, can anyone give us any info on moving there? what trades they accept and how to go about it? as we have no idea, any help would be greatly appricated thanks!

Alex

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      mushypeas is on a distinguished road
      hi Alex, i have lived here in nz for 10 years now moving here around about the same age as you from the uk, i moved here on a work visa and continued to extend before applying for residency this worked for me but i would like to emphasize every situation is different. it is stressful and you are left with a sense of being left in limbo. you are able to contact imagration nz personally and go threw the process your self or you can use a case worker, i personaly did not use a case worker and if i got stuck i would go to the local mp for advise. now as for work i was catering trained from school, then moved to construction mainly roadworks and infastructure and upon looking there was any amount of work but when i arrived at my destination they did not do this dispite websites advertising work, i would have to live in the main cities and not the beautifull country side and beach town i do today but i changed trades again to the power indistries , but now for the good news my now kiwi wife is a drama teacher so i do no a bit about this most schools if not all have this position as well as this you also fill in subjects and teach as my wife does the likes of english or maths which is strange as she sucks at both lol, but she follows the protocols and you would not be alone as most teachers are from abroad, as for your partner he might struggle out side of the big city unless he is on to it and could start a buisness from home which again is so easy to do here if not the big city is the only way but house prices are threw the roof even to rent. i do hope this helps and if i can help further let me no as i do no how stressful it can be.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Alex1994 is on a distinguished road
      thank you so much for all your advice, sorry for the late reply, this has helped alot, i can relate to your wife, i suck at english and maths too! haha! i just have a few more questions, how much was it roughly to emigrate there? like all together, ii know my parents paid an agency about 1,000 in fees, and i know you have to have a certain amount in the bank to prove you can support yourself, thats what i've heard... also as for starting his own business, any tips on how he could go about it?, and finally (Sorry for all the questions!) we would ideally like to move to auckland, but how much would it be roughly to rent?

thank you!!