Welcome to British Expats Abroad

Thread: Melbourne info

andyb

Melbourne info

We are living in Brisbane at the moment and are looking to move to Melbounrne around late November. Has anyone any info on what Frankston is like to live and rent in and also what the job market is like down there for general admin work. Have hear mixed reports on Frankston and also the job situation in Melbourne. Any info would be great!

Ta!:wub:

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Daisy is on a distinguished road
      I live in Somerville which is about 15 minutes from Frankston and is a small town surrounded by farmland.

Frankston South is very nice area anywhere on the hill are considered to be the best areas to live rent or buy. Frankston High School has a very good reputation so houses in its catchment hold their prices and rents accordingly.

Have a look at realestate.com.au at Frankston South, Langwarrin is a suburb close by too with lots of newer properties and a couple of shopping centres and not far from Karingal Hub a larger shopping centre.

Frankston has a good shopping centre and has Myer, only downshide its the only shopping centre you have to pay for parking.

Frankston has Bunnings, Harvey Norman, JB Hi Fi, a large hospital lots of schools, private and public and also has a TAFE college and Monash University Campus.

It is a designated transit place withe train so there are often a lot of not such nice people in the town, it has its problems after dark but then so does Mornington which is deemed more demure but not according to my adult daughter.

I love Frankston and I love the fact that others think its not so good because those of us who have lived in the area for 20 years or so do not want it changed and when a place becomes popular, prices rise.

Karingal Hub shopping centre you would be hard pushed to not hear people with English accents around.

The Peninsula and Frankston has been a popular destination for Brits since it was discovered. Lots of Scots around including my husband.
      :yes:

AJ.
      Will keep watching this as Frankston was one of the places we were looking at.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Daisy is on a distinguished road
      I was in Frankston today as my friend has gone to Adelaide for a week and I am looking after the mail etc. As I was driving through the estate she lives on which is very nice I thought to myself what I love about Frankston is the fact that there are so many trees around. The streets and houses all have trees whereas in some newer parts the houses are on small blocks and there is no room for trees. We need the trees in the summer when its hot.

She lives up off Heatherhill Road and its a nice estate the opposite side to the Frankston High catchment though.

Also being hilly and there are lots of places where views of the bay can be seen from the houses.

Only takes me 10 mins to get there as I know the dirt road shortcut. As I live on a dirt road myself don't worry about the car we are not allowed to clean them anyway unless we go to the car wash.