Welcome to British Expats Abroad
    Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By Andy Chapman

Thread: Price of specs in Oz

craigower

Price of specs in Oz

I'm about to come out to QLD in about four weeks from the UK and am currently looking to replace my specs. Its going to cost me about 400AUD here in the UK to replace my varifocal lenses only, never mind the price of new frames, how does this compare with the prices in Oz.

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      Tim

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      Tim is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by craigower View Post
      I'm about to come out to QLD in about four weeks from the UK and am currently looking to replace my specs. Its going to cost me about 400AUD here in the UK to replace my varifocal lenses only, never mind the price of new frames, how does this compare with the prices in Oz.
      Thats cheap, prices of glasses in oz are expensive, especially if you don't have private health care and a rebate to look forward to.

Andy Chapman
      On offer in Tesco's UK. Free eye test and the price for the best varifocals for my eyes were 155 for top of the range glasses & frames.
      craigower likes this.

897nicole
      Australia welcomes specsavers, they have rocked the market in Australia, finally we are not being ripped off to much.

purple
      Glad to hear that Nicole. From what I see of the tv ads here in the US, it seems it's always "by 2 for 99 dollars!"
      Ok, so who can wear 2 pairs of glasses at once, and why can't they just sell one pair for 50? ;-)