Welcome to British Expats Abroad
      chicadeb

any British Beauty & Massage Therapists out there??!!!

Hi,

I am a fully qualified Beauty & Massage Therapist with ITEC & VTCT qualifications and will be moving to Toronto in September. I am looking into the validity of my qualifications with the CMTO (College of Massage Therapists of Ontario) and from the information I've found so far, it looks like there will be assessments and exams involved, as well as a considerable amount of money. Has anyone else had experience of this process? Would love to hear from anyone that has.

Many thanks

Debbie

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      purple
      Hey Debbie,

With any luck someone will be able to give you a bit of advice here, I have to admit that I'm totally clueless about Canada, unfortunately.
      If it's anything like here, some professional qualifications can be transcribed to give a US equivalent. Often it takes a long time and the qualifications that one has don't necessarliy "translate" exactly and it means subsequent exam sitting to fill in the gaps, or reviews by the professional body concerned.
      No idea what Canada expects, but hopefully someone else will be able to answer that.
      I guess it all depends on particular circumstances as to what a person considers a lot of money. :)

purps

chicadeb
      Thanks Purple,

I'll wait and see if anyone can shed some light on it for me!

Deb

purple
      Hopefully someone will, Deb. Not too long til you leave for Canada now eh?

Have you looked at this site?
      Massage.ca: About Us

purps

chicadeb
      Hi purps,

A great link! Thanks for that.

Deb

purple
      No prob, Deb. :)

If I come up withy anything else that might be relevant I'll post it here.

purps

purple
      No prob, Deb. :)

If I come up with anything else that might be relevant I'll post it here.

purps