Welcome to British Expats Abroad

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      sebalpina is on a distinguished road

Canada new start

Hi I'm planning to emigrate to Canada with my family in 6 months. Can anyone tell me what's the procedure of exchanging uk class 1 driving license? Do I need to pass the exam again?

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      North Vancouver, BC 4 yrs, now Niagara region, Ontario for over a year
      Liked
      19 times
      Rep
      blackcomb is on a distinguished road
      You'll need to do a theory test, and a practical driving test here, and on passing it before they give you the Canadian license they'll want to take your UK one and send it back to the UK, just keep a photo copy of it before that happens.

It is worth doing a driving practice test only with a driving instructor over here, as I was well advised myself when I first came over, it will help you a lot, but do it after your theory test and learning, and before the driving test obviously. One is all you'll need, it'll pay off, I passed straight away as a result.

It's easier here, just put your foot down and go ;) They do joke about it here, it's not far off the truth. Stop signs everywhere, just ensure you stop, and who ever gets there first goes first, that is how that works, 2nd who ever got there 2nd.

Traffic lights, on a red light you can turn right after checking no one is coming, it's the only time you can go through a red light, only on a right turn.

Those are the differences really, they need more roundabouts like we have in the UK, truth is they aren't all very good at those, I'm sure that is why there is so many traffic lights and stop signs instead.

And of course, stick to the speed limits. In school zones you have to slow right down to about 30 or 40 km/h

School buses, you have to come to a complete halt for until the children are safely on or off, and the bus stop signs are turned back in, not out, their hazard lights will come on meaning you're to stop. You'll get fined by the police if you don't.

Hope that helps.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Thank You so much it helps a lot. I was losing my hope slowly that someone will answer. Anything what comes to Your mind which could help me please write. I'll be appreciated.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Do You know if that rule is in every province? Ontario as well You need to pass theory and practical?

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      giorna is on a distinguished road
      as far as I know is that you can use your foreign drivers license for 6 months and then you have to do the whole test theoretical as well as practical

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Thanks a lot. Plans changed I got a job in Barcelona.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk