Welcome to British Expats Abroad

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Adam Atkinson is on a distinguished road

Emigrating to Canada.

Hi all,

first off apologies if this is in the wrong place, also sorry for the length that this may reach...

I am not going to go into too much detail, but I am looking at taking myself, wife and 2 boys out to canada to be closer to family and for a better way of life from what we currently have in the UK.

Job wise, I am sorted (detail that I am not going to share) but thats good. My wife can get herself something part time to suit around the boys and school.

Now, firstly, I had a police caution when I was about 14 (about 17 years ago) for shop lifting, now I need to know if anyone has had the same issue? Would this cause issue with regards to visas etc?

Second, We would be looking at selling/donating the majority of our belongings so would not need too big a crate to ship, but how easy is it to send the crate?

We have a pet cat, who really is a part of the family, Would it be recommendable to take him with us? I am sure there would be vaccinations and time spent in kennels at the start etc.

From what I am told, I would be earning about $12.50 p/h which would be brilliant, but how much different is it from minimum wage in the UK? both me and my wife are on the mw and I work part time, and her full time, yet after bills etc etc we have pennies left.

How much do sports cost? Id watch a little baseball, hockey and american football etc, but would prefer to be able to watch the premier league and F1, I know that F1 is a global sport, but would we have to buy the whole sports package to be able to watch them? Sky at the moment only let you watch F1 when you buy sky sports which I think is a rip off but thats another convo lol

ill leave it for now but I am sure that I will think of something else eventually.

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Kate Lauren Wilson is on a distinguished road
      where in Canada do you want to move too? we came a year ago and brought all the furnture and two pets, it is easy but expensive, the furniture not the pets that is.
      kate