Welcome to British Expats Abroad
      del

Title
      Liked
      3 times
      Rep
      del is on a distinguished road

Emigrating seminars????

Hi I have been enquiring about the seminars in England, but now someone has told me to be careful as there are some scams out there. So has anyone been to one?Which one did you go to? Did you manage to get a job from it or did it proove to be very helpful??? As now I am not sure which one are the scams???? Any advice please as I do not know which one to trust now or which are the scams!!! Please help!!!!

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Burton Bunch is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
      Hi I have been enquiring about the seminars in England, but now someone has told me to be careful as there are some scams out there. So has anyone been to one?Which one did you go to? Did you manage to get a job from it or did it proove to be very helpful??? As now I am not sure which one are the scams???? Any advice please as I do not know which one to trust now or which are the scams!!! Please help!!!!
      Hi Del

I havent been to any of these - was too far into emigrating before I discovered them but from another forum I am a member of I have heard good things about them.

They usually have someone from CIC London there to answer your immigration questions and also prospective employers to chat with - I know of a couple of Alberta realtors who usually attend too.

The scams that are out there are usually companies who say that for a fee they will get you a job with a TWP - personally from what i have heard stay away from these types of adverts and go to the Emigrate2 shows and apply for jobs on line from the UK as some peeps will telephone interview etc.

As the employer applies for the LMO for you to get a TWP then why should you pay someone to get you a TWP ? When you get hte TWP at the POE then you just have to pay $150

Some people have made really good contacts and some jobs - but there are peeps there who you can talk to face to face and that alone is a bonus.
      Good luck

Gaynor

del

Title
      Liked
      3 times
      Rep
      Thank you Gaynor for the reply I think I will look into emigrate 2.

del

Title
      Liked
      3 times
      Rep
      Hi does anyone know when the next seminar is for emigrate 2 or any other seminar that they would recommend????

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Burton Bunch is on a distinguished road
      Emigrate shows - starting a new life abroad

this is the link to when the shows are