Welcome to British Expats Abroad
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello BAs...

Barbara

Hello BAs...

I have just come across this forum from the "other" expat site after discovering it through google. Anyway I thought I'd pop in and say hi. Is there any other Brits In Canada out there? :wub:

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      Tim

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      Tim is on a distinguished road
      Hi barbara,

Welcome from the "other" side as you put it! First one in the Canada section then. As we come into winter here in Australia, you guys are looking forward to the lighter days then? And hopefully summer weather?
      Hope its not like the typical summer you get in Scotland. :GEEK: I believe they are having something of a heatwave at the moment tho!

Ali

Title
      Liked
      43 times
      Rep
      Ali is on a distinguished road
      Hi,

I think you're the first from Canada (lets hope the first of many), as you can see Brits is relatively new and membership is rising, most of us seem to be in Aus at the moment.

Ali
      The only people you need in your life are the ones that prove they need you in theirs

Cal

Title
      Liked
      218 times
      Rep
      Cal will become famous soon enough
      Hiya barbara im another pom in oz ,lol, congratulations on being the first canadian user,,what do they call english people over there?
      Cal x

Remember the road to success is always under construction...

Barbara
      Thanks for the nice intro.. Does not seem there are any others in Canada here tho?

FiFi
      Hi barbara,

Where about are you?

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      RobinS is on a distinguished road

And then there were 2......

I just found this forum as well. Maybe some more folks from Canada will eventually find it too!

Tim

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by RobinS View Post
      I just found this forum as well. Maybe some more folks from Canada will eventually find it too!
      I hope so RobinS - Its only been around a month or so.. Its full of these bloody Pommy expats at the mo :twitcy:! I am one to all the way from the Bonnie Bonnie Banks of Loch Lomond - Well close enough - Glasgow to Perth WA.

Never really thought about Canada to be honest.. Why did you choose Canada?

Tim

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by sheena View Post
      hey tim what do you mean us bloody pommy's????
      thats not nice, we are lovely people!! (when we're sleeping!!) ps. mollyflanders is from the shetlands!!!

sheena
      I know SHeena.. Just kidding I'm one myself.. or is is Pozzie?

demontrucker
      hey there, thought i'd quickly jump in on this new bandwagon too hehe. Still living in the UK at min, was quite decided that i wanted to move to Oz, however, having some doubts about the employment situation over there for electricians, or to be more precise, the amount of retraining/licensing required to work in a trade i have already been working in for several years!!! All at my own cost too i have to add. Also got bit of an issue with spiders.....
      But anyway, on the front page of one of todays newspapers, (think it was the daily mail?) Canada are apparently screaming out for sparkys, and they are being put on the high demand list which could even mean the Canadian government offer a cash resettlement incentive. Or at least thats the way i understood it? They are also being 'fast-tracked' with visa's, and could take as little as 6-9 months to be over there.
      Food for thought eh?
      So, anyone in Canada, my question(s) are....
      Where are the better areas or cities to be living in or around,
      What is the general annual weather like in the suggested area / city
      Is the cost of living comparable to the UK?
      Are there any dangerous spiders/snakes/crocs/jellyfish/octopuses (octopii??) etc ?
      Sorry for rambling and digressing away from thread original discussion...

Craig

• Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast