Welcome to British Expats Abroad

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      perth family is on a distinguished road

immigration agents

Hi guys, can someone please recommend a immigration agent! We live in Perth W Australia but are desperate to move to Canada wish we had done it rather than move to Perth!! Any help so very much appreciated!

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      15 times
      Rep
      mangetout is on a distinguished road
      Hi perth family

Sorry to hear about Perth we was originally looking to go there last year but I was taken of the skills list , and after reading how hard things are with the work etc we are glad we didn't make it.
      Cant recommend any agents myself as my experience with them are all negative. They all talk a goodun but cant deliver without chucking money at them.
      What type of work are you in ? it can help with obtaining a work permit from an employer as that's the route we are taking to moving to Canada, I'm very close now to getting through.

Get back to me mate and I will help you out as much as I can

Title
      Liked
      6 times
      Rep
      Catty is on a distinguished road
      Hi Perth family,
      I feel your pain! We are here in oz nearly 5 years and are currently doing our citizenship but we are also looking to move but not home either. Canada seems so much closer. We did visit Perth and thought about moving there but decided against it as it felt really isolated for us. If you manage to get a migration agent let me know I've spoken to one and found them very negative about us moving at all.

Title
      North Vancouver, BC 4 yrs, now Niagara region, Ontario for over a year
      Liked
      19 times
      Rep
      blackcomb is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by Catty View Post
      Hi Perth family,
      I feel your pain! We are here in oz nearly 5 years and are currently doing our citizenship but we are also looking to move but not home either. Canada seems so much closer. We did visit Perth and thought about moving there but decided against it as it felt really isolated for us. If you manage to get a migration agent let me know I've spoken to one and found them very negative about us moving at all.
      As I said on the other thread Catty, avoid those agents. Glad I never bothered with one of them, they might have put me off moving to Canada too.. sheesh!

Just do it directly yourself, you will be surprised how easy it is, especially a job that needs you, and though they like you to be trained up already in e.g. ICU if you were an ICU nurse (not saying you are or were just an example), some do train you up too if you are committed etc, and in Ontario there is RNAO (google it) they give you money for training:

http://rnao.ca/education-funding/nei

http://rnao.ca/education-funding

Don't think you have to join them to get that either. I joined for the liability insurance coverage mainly and legal assistance just in case!

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Venetia Rose is on a distinguished road
      Oh, you should get the help of a good Canadian immigration service like Green and Speigel one of Canada's top providers of immigration services is an immigration law firm that helps families, individuals and corporations to provide a thorough understanding of immigration policy for any applicant.

Title
      Liked
      19 times
      Rep
      Canadian immigration, London is your best bet: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ons/london.asp

Efficient.. it's all a process that takes time but they were very efficient and it was fast compared to many, and the only agent you'll ever need as I did.

Title
      Liked
      10 times
      Rep
      Toedown is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by Venetia Rose View Post
      Oh, you should get the help of a good Canadian immigration service like Green and Speigel one of Canada's top providers of immigration services is an immigration law firm that helps families, individuals and corporations to provide a thorough understanding of immigration policy for any applicant.
      OR go on the website in blackcomb's post, download and print off the appropriate forms and do it yourselves like many thousands of other people saving themselves many thousands of $$$$$.
      Remember, you still have to do all the legwork for the applications, all you are paying for is for somebody to check that you've dotted the I's & crossed the T's.
      Good use of grammar, punctuation & capitals makes the difference between helping your uncle Jack, off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Title
      Liked
      19 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Toedown View Post
      OR go on the website in blackcomb's post, download and print off the appropriate forms and do it yourselves like many thousands of other people saving themselves many thousands of $$$$$.
      Remember, you still have to do all the legwork for the applications, all you are paying for is for somebody to check that you've dotted the I's & crossed the T's.
      Yes for sure! You do not want to be throwing money down the drain on an agent when all you need do is file the papers yourself directly to the immigration people in London, who in my opinion and experience were highly efficient, it was smooth going and fast, as fast as it gets, it still takes time but faster than for example; Washington where my friend and an ex-colleague filed for his permanent residency which took over a year to process and more money wasted that he wouldn't have had to pay out for a 2nd time if he stuck with the first (I stuck with the same London immigration location).