Welcome to British Expats Abroad
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
      Marg
      Quote Originally Posted by hesselink View Post
      what a waste of money agency are cost us 3000 all in stuck here in canada and can't get a decent job wish i had stayed in scotland
      At least you are here. It takes time to establish yourself you just can't expect everything to be perfect. My sister and her husband would work at anything if they could just get into the country. When life hands you lemons ...make lemonade!!!!!

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      Marg
      Thanks Sheena.
      Canada is a wonderful country but just like anywhere else in the world you have to work hard and earn your money. The streets are not paved with gold.I was 20 when I came as a new bride and I didn't know a soul. The tears I cried!!!On top of that I had married the most rotten abusive Engish man. In spite of a long woeful tale I was never without work and I am now married 26 yrs to A wonderful kind Canadian man .I would not trade my life here to go back to England. My mother and sister still live there and I visit every couple of years. It is so dirty and everything is hard in that way of life. The youth seem to have no respect and the service in the shops is awful.I miss my family still but it just feels right here somehow.

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Andy is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by Marg View Post
      At least you are here. It takes time to establish yourself you just can't expect everything to be perfect. My sister and her husband would work at anything if they could just get into the country. When life hands you lemons ...make lemonade!!!!!
      Hi Marg

First of all a big welcome to BA
      We have been here nearly 2 years - still cant believe it and we are making lots of lemonade. Life is tough but we are determined to make this work as we came on a one way ticket (no intention of returning) The kids are so happy here and we can see a huge difference in their outlook. Your not that far from us and I'm sure you agree its a beautiful part of the world.

Hope you enjoy the forum

Andy + Team Canada

Esseare
      I'm coming up on 6 years here. I was fortunate in that my wife, though born in Britain, came over here as a child so was a Canadian citizen. All this talk of Agencies and the expence they seem to cost. When we moved here my wife had bought a single ticket while I bought a return ticket (the return six months later). In that time I had accrued my work permit and another year after that my PR - with NO agency fees.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12