Welcome to British Expats Abroad

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      christine723 is on a distinguished road

moving to canada

Hi all this is my first time on here.

We have joined a service to find a job in canada called global force but not got any where with them has yet, we are now applying to the employers themselves, but my husband who is the main earner of the family is having dots on his quliftions now, but we still wish to fully move and we have decided now that if we have not heard back from any employer by christmas we shall move and try for a job once out there, can anyone hear tell me if you can move out there without a job offer.

We do have a reason to move now has my eldest son is 21 next mouth and he is in collage has is my 17 year youngest and we are 49 and 51. and we have done loads of research but only now starting look to apply for the visas but which ones to get ?.
      My husband is a auto electrician and mechanic and we have sent off loads of jobs but so far only heard back from 2 with rejections would we be better applying from within cananda.

can anyone help us

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      209 times
      Rep
      Pink is on a distinguished road
      Hi and welcome Christine,

There is lots of info here on visas and how to immigrate to Canada. We have nearly moved there twice before, the most recent being 2 yrs ago, instead we moved to the USA. I would advise against moving without a job unless you have loads of money that is, it costs A LOT of money to emigrate (10K+). If you wanted your children to move with you, make sure you check the cutoff age, your eldest especially may need to qualify for his own visa independently. It's very normal to not hear back at all when applying for a job. I would avoid paying out to agencies as they are likely to just take your money.

Where in Canada are you looking at?

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
      Hi and welcome Christine,

There is lots of info here on visas and how to immigrate to Canada. We have nearly moved there twice before, the most recent being 2 yrs ago, instead we moved to the USA. I would advise against moving without a job unless you have loads of money that is, it costs A LOT of money to emigrate (10K+). If you wanted your children to move with you, make sure you check the cutoff age, your eldest especially may need to qualify for his own visa independently. It's very normal to not hear back at all when applying for a job. I would avoid paying out to agencies as they are likely to just take your money.

Where in Canada are you looking at?

HI thank you for the reply, we are ok with the ages has the limit seems to be 22yrs if I may ask was it easier to go to the us than canada and why did you do twice and not just the once.
      We worked out that the agencies are there just for the cash like most things, did you find the visa prosce ok or did you use someone to help,
      We seem to find it best to do it all on your own but not sure this time and we need to have it sorted so we do not get turned round at the borader has this is my husband biggest concern that we have nothing to fall back on and every thing is on its way out there and we get turn round before we even get in

Title
      Liked
      209 times
      Rep
      Pink is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by christine723 View Post
      HI thank you for the reply, we are ok with the ages has the limit seems to be 22yrs if I may ask was it easier to go to the us than canada and why did you do twice and not just the once.
      We worked out that the agencies are there just for the cash like most things, did you find the visa prosce ok or did you use someone to help,
      We seem to find it best to do it all on your own but not sure this time and we need to have it sorted so we do not get turned round at the borader has this is my husband biggest concern that we have nothing to fall back on and every thing is on its way out there and we get turn round before we even get in
      The first time was in 2005, we had all the paperwork done (by ourselves), but sadly my dad passed away suddenly (whilst on holiday in Canada!),so we put it on hold. In 2011 my husband was headhunted for a job in Calgary, we researched the living costs etc and decided the money they were offering wasn't enough to justify it. At the same time he had a job offer in New York, we mainly went with this one as it's extremely hard to get sponsorship for a job and visa in the US, so didn't want to miss the opportunity.

It's much harder to emigrate to the US. I think eventually we will either move back to the UK, Canada or the UK via Canada. We are kinda stuck here now as we have 3 in the school system and it's very different once they get passed elementary school compared to the UK and I don't want to disrupt my kids.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      ok thanks for the info and hope all gose well for you in the future

Title
      North Vancouver, BC 4 yrs, now Niagara region, Ontario for over a year
      Liked
      19 times
      Rep
      blackcomb is on a distinguished road
      Definitely won't be easier applying in Canada if you can't get a good response out of Canada. Try all provinces rather than just the one you applied to as well, as all provinces differ in the work economy, some are better than others at having more jobs available.

Wouldn't recommend a working visa unless you can guarantee your employer is going to sponsor you in shortly before it expires, if not you will find yourself being asked to go back to the UK again. So PR is best for sure:
      http://www.immigrationdirect.ca/inde...FYg-MgodHDQAsg

The advice on agencies to find you work is right, don't pay anyone to find you work, Ontario has lots of good job 'employment centers' that do that for free and can get you on job placements to help you integrate into and get work easier.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Annaang is on a distinguished road
      Hi My husband and I have moved to Canada in 2017. At that time, we done lots of research and tried to apply by ourself. But at the end, we find a Vancouver local immigration consultant instead. The reason is we got so busy on planning moving, (we came in Canada as Work permit first) then applied for PR. Immigration company helped us with all the paper work which really make lot of easier. I also believe you and your family can immigrate as a family.