Welcome to British Expats Abroad
    Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Moving to Edmonton Alberta - help!!

JBJ

Cool Moving to Edmonton Alberta - help!!

Hi all

I'm totally new to this forum but have a question for you all. We're moving to Edmonton in Aug/Sept this year, we really want a furnished vacation rental in Edmonton for a month while we look for a proper rental in an area we like. Can anyone suggest where I can find one? Really need a minimum of 3 bedrooms in a decent area for kids. I have searched and found quite a few 2 bedroom places, 3 rooms seems to be the show stopper!

We have lived there years ago on a working holiday, and lived in an apartment near the West Edmonton Mall (prior to having kids), any good v bad area comments too?

Thanks

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      purple
      Hi JBJ, and welcome to the forum message boards.

There are quite a few members in Canada, so hopefully someone will be able to answer your questions for you.
      I'm not there myself, so can't help personally.

Good luck with the move, Canada's a beautiful place :)
      Try to keep us posted on how you get on too, your experiences will be valuable to others making the same move.

All the best!
      Last edited by purple; 06-06-2010 at 07:32 PM.

Maria
      Hi -

Try Edmonton Apartments for Rent, Edmonton Houses for Rent at RentEdmonton.com - you can search by number of bedrooms on this site. The west end and south west are most likely going to be higher in cost, compared to others, but they're also nicer areas (in my humble opinion!)

Once you're here and settled...make sure you checkout out Expat group: British Expats in Edmonton (Edmonton, AB) - Meetup.com

Title
      Aldo is a Dil
      Liked
      23 times
      Rep
      thearmchairdetective is on a distinguished road
      Welcome to the site.

purple
      And Welcome to the forum from me too, Maria :)

LITTLESTAR
      How are you getting on in Alberta any tips re pr application mine currently in London