Welcome to British Expats Abroad
      debs1964

Tempoary Resident Visa - Work permit

Hi all,

I am looking to visit friends in Canada and wandered if i could work whilst i was there.
      I'm 45 and children grown up so just myself to look after. I work in fiance but not an accountant so it would probably take too long...and I may not qualify for a work permit. I dont want to emigrate just go and work for 6 months or a year if i can. So is it fairly easy to change it. Looking on CIC website it looks pretty straightforward (i dont' mean that it will be easy or quick) This is the quote from the website , any advise would be helpful.
      Many thanks to you all.

You must apply to extend your stay if you want to:
      • visit, study or work longer in Canada
      • change the type of your permit (for example, from studying to working in Canada) or ou must apply to extend your stay if you want to:

• visit, study or work longer in Canada
      • change the type of your permit (for example, from studying to working in Canada) or

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      lozzie is on a distinguished road
      HI

you can only stay 6 mths in any year and nope u cant work unless u apply to extend your stay and get a work visa but that takes 6 mths lol and u cant leave the county while that is going thru i was supposed to get mine in feb 2010 but i had to go back to the UK coz my mum was in hospital now i have to wait another 6 mths just in time for summer lol

good luck
      lorraine