Title
      Liked
      10 times
      Rep
      Toedown is on a distinguished road

Things that grind my gears in Canada

or Alberta in particular.
      These are just off the top of my head
      1. Rude shopkeepers from a corner shop to a Walmart (other shops are available), there is never ever a please or thank you, they're great on the meet & greet but that's it.
      2. In general, Customer service here is crap, if you buy something, the minute you walk out the shop with it the contract with the shop ends and the contract with the manufacture begins, with a few exceptions of course.
      3. Waitresses in restaurants, almost anything I order is apparently Awesome and then if my meal comes to say $11 and I give a $20 bill they will ask if I want change, guaranteed way not to get a tip off me.
      4. Car drivers, I think when they buy a car here it comes with the headlights on full beam and stays that way, day and night, till the bulbs blow.
      5. Motorcyclists here, for some reason are taught to ride right next to the centre line on the road and when I'm coming the opposite way in my truck I brick it every time one passes me within a few inches.
      Good use of grammar, punctuation & capitals makes the difference between helping your uncle Jack, off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      North Vancouver, BC 4 yrs, now Niagara region, Ontario for over a year
      Liked
      19 times
      Rep
      blackcomb is on a distinguished road
      Bit of an unrealistic sweeping generalizing statement to make to be honest. Alberta is a big province, where in Alberta exactly? I've met rude people here in Ontario, and Vancouver- North Vancouver BC is the worst in my opinion for it especially the drivers if you want to compare provinces, but one part of the region where I live now is also known for many rude people, but the ones who really get my back up are all the bad drivers.. so to be honest, there are rude and polite people everywhere, in the UK too I can also remember how rude some people can be, and polite ones too.

The Rockies, Banff and Jasper I found to be the friendliest places in Canada, which is in complete contrast to what you've said and that's in Alberta.

Title
      Liked
      10 times
      Rep
      Toedown is on a distinguished road
      When I said Alberta in particular, it is because Alberta is what I am familiar with not Ontario or Vancouver.
      I wasn't mentioning bad drivers, just the fact of driving at night on full beam headlights.
      Jasper & Banff have a population of about 11,500 out of 4 million in Alberta, hardly a good representation, plus you expect them to be a bit more polite & friendly due to the reliance of tourism.
      IMO, the most polite people in shops/stores by a million miles are the Orientals/Asians of which make up a big percentage in Banff.
      We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.
      Good use of grammar, punctuation & capitals makes the difference between helping your uncle Jack, off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Title
      North Vancouver, BC 4 yrs, now Niagara region, Ontario for over a year
      Liked
      19 times
      Rep
      blackcomb is on a distinguished road
      Yes will have to disagree as I strongly disagree, it's not what I found at all on the Alberta part, though bearing in mind I am talking more about my experiences in the Rockies, but if you are talking about Calgary that's different I refrain from comment on that one, I know those in the Rockies don't even like Calgary though my Dad does it was his first experience of Canada and a good one as he has a warm spot for the place.