Welcome to British Expats Abroad

Thread: Would like to

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      scubatony is on a distinguished road

Wink Would like to

I posted the following in the "America Forum" ,had no luck, but read onto the end.

HiThere

Just over a year ago I visited Tampa and fell in love with the way of life ( it is not the first time that I have visited the U.S ) and decided to start doing some research.

I currently live in the UK.

Formany years I ran my own very successful Mechanical & Electrical Contracting Company with a multi-million pound turnover ( $10.5m ), after my turnover droppedto $2.250m I closed it down in 2008 due to the recession.

I had several staff on the books with a fleet of vehicles.

The state of the UK economy and the political infighting are devastating the Construction industry and resulted in the closure of my Company.

The question that I would like to ask is this.

Is there an upper age limit to work over in Florida ?

With all my qualifications, I am constantly applying for Construction / Site Manager vacancies, but as yet I have not had one reply, even to say I am not qualified enough.

So will my 2 A Levels, 5 O Levels, 7 City & Guilds of London Institute, 17 Accreditation Certificate and 2 ( Institute of Occupational Safety and Health )I.O.S.H, be recognized in Florida ?

Unless I am mistaken electrical and mechanical work is the same in the U.S. as in the U.K.

The electrical principle ( i.e. OHMS Law ) is the same wherever you are and the same goes to the principle of mechanics.

I am a single guy and presently live in rented accommodation, oh yes, I am also a non-smoker.

So if I am taken on by a Company I then have to start the visa process, unless that might be taken care of by the employer.

I have Skype facility should the need arise.

I would really appreciate it if the forum members can help me out with either some or all of these questions.

I look forward to your positive reply.

Regards

Tony

I have visited Canada a three or four times.
      So the question is are there any vacancies for a man of my skill, knowledge and experience?
      Regards
      Tony

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      North Vancouver, BC 4 yrs, now Niagara region, Ontario for over a year
      Liked
      19 times
      Rep
      blackcomb is on a distinguished road
      You'll need to contact Canada immigration, there is one in London, other places too, I used the one in London as it was nearer to me back home, and they were very efficient. Hope that helps.