Welcome to British Expats Abroad

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      sunny is on a distinguished road

bricklayer looking to move to spain

hi im a 37 year old bricklayer i have been in the trade for 21 years i am good at my job and take pride in my work i am liveing in the uk at the moment but want to move to spain can anyone tell me were my best chances would be for me to go to spain to find a job cheers james

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      Cal

Title
      Liked
      218 times
      Rep
      Cal will become famous soon enough
      Hiya welcome to brits abroad, cant help with Spain im sorry although according to news here in Oz all the ex pats are moving back to the Uk as Spain as really slowed down. Can you not go on hols first and approach people then for jobs?
      Good Luck
      Cal x

Remember the road to success is always under construction...

Title
      Liked
      858 times
      Rep
      Aldo is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by sunny View Post
      hi im a 37 year old bricklayer i have been in the trade for 21 years i am good at my job and take pride in my work i am liveing in the uk at the moment but want to move to spain can anyone tell me were my best chances would be for me to go to spain to find a job cheers james
      Not much brickwork the way we know it, houses are usually concrete frame the fill in the holes with terracotta pots. A brickie here will generally do rendering, concreting, some tiling...... Its better to set up on your own and cater for the expats doing garden walls, extensions. Before i went to Australia I was doing well in the Hard Landscaping game and its nice work, usualy in back gardens of huge million dollar villas. Very quiet now though and ppl want work done for nothing so i would stay put (if you are working). When things pick up though i would recomend getting ur ars3 out here because when its good its a great life..

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      ClynshawsES is on a distinguished road
      Just go for it. We only ever regret what we don't do. We were in your position and we decided to start a building and decorating firm based in London and Costa del Sol Spain. It's going really well.

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      jollyjack is on a distinguished road
      Don`t do it! Every Spanish man can do bricklaying, building, tiling, plumbing and all the rest. I have been here 17 years and I never employ a non-Spaniard. The others charge too much and don`t really know how to cope with the weather, the materials etc.

Title
      Liked
      169 times
      Rep
      purple is on a distinguished road
      Hi and welcome to Britsabroad :)

Every Spanish man can do it? Hmm I'd suggest that might just be a slight bit of exaggeration on your part? ;)
      Apart from that, the original question was written in January 2009... it would probably be reasonable to think that he's either already done it by now, or lost interest, wouldn't you think?
      If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace. - John Lennon 1940 - 1980