Welcome to British Expats Abroad
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Like Tree3Likes

Thread: British TV abroad?

houngans
      I've read a good blog from a British guy living in Czech Rep. who has had similar issues. He resolved it by paying for a VPN account so he could watch British TV abroad He also used this for Spotify as this doesn't work in every country. You must be aware that you could be breaking licensing laws in the country that you are watching it in
      Last edited by purple; 07-09-2010 at 12:39 PM.

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      robwyatt
      Quote Originally Posted by houngans View Post
      I've read a good blog from a British guy living in Czech Rep. who has had similar issues. He resolved it by paying for a VPN account so he could watch British TV abroad. He also used this for Spotify as this doesn't work in every country. You must be aware that you could be breaking licensing laws in the country that you are watching it in
      Thanks. Those 'recommended' sites are a bit expensive compared to what I am using, though, so I'm staying with my provider. (Will only tell by PM, sorry.) On the legal thing, are you saying that VPNs break licensing laws (they don't) or spotify?

cheers

rob

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      lozzie is on a distinguished road
      hi

i no my son who is in england rite now uses a site called surf the channel i get all my programmes from the site called the box u cant watch tv on this site but i download them and put them onto disc and watch them later

i hope this helps
      bob7464 likes this.

bob7464
      thanks lozzie but I have found a site that allows you to watch uk tv on your pc anywhere in the world, and its currently free.

expatgeorge
      I watch bbc i player, channel four Itv and channel five both live or by using their catchup service on the internet. There is a website called whatsonthebox that charges a monthly fee that allows you to access uk or american tv from anywhere in the world. The quality is almost dvd quality at full screen. I have been using it for months now and to be honest i would be lost without it
      Last edited by purple; 07-09-2010 at 12:06 PM.

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      lozzie is on a distinguished road
      hi expat george

thanks for the leg up on that site i will check it out

i must say i really miss my programme in the UK not the soaps as they drive me mad before i left glad i now have a choice not to watch them. Why is it that everyone i met in canada say oh your from england do u watch coranation street i reply nope i have a life lol

take care

lorraine

cryingdady
      nice sharing!

robwyatt
      Quote Originally Posted by cryingdady View Post
      nice sharing!
      George, creating a new ID to bump your shameless promotion?

Shame on you!

robwyatt

Shameless

I'm a shameless VPN provider, but at least I run the servers myself and actually answer support mails ;) Lot of posters here are affiliates, i.e. they will get a commission for pointing you towards some company or other. Anyway, one service is usually as good as another. I will only answer PMs on this if anyone wants to try out.

purple
      Ok folks, enough please.

There's more than enough spamming happening on the forum boards for the forum staff to deal with, without our members dedicating a thread to it, and then trying to compete with each other on it.
      It's pretty obvious that some of you are making money out of this, and that's against the forum giuudelines, so here's the deal -
      The next person advertising/posting links to these "pay to use" websites (whether blatant or subtle) in this thread will have their messages deleted and their account privilages removed for ten days.

purps
      Last edited by purple; 07-09-2010 at 07:49 PM.

• Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast