Rep
      vtvictor45 is on a distinguished road
      yes, you can use another software, if you are not comfortable with this

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Nowhere Girl is on a distinguished road
      I know it's an old thread really but a constant problem. I'm trying to get British TV in the USA. I used to have Sky on my iPad but now the only things I get (mostly free) are rubbish. Anyone know any good ones. I don't mind paying if it's proper quality and actually works!

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Chrissy76 is on a distinguished road
      Hi Nowhere Girl. Where are you? I have been told to try StuffedCrust.TV but need to get my broadband installed first. Having a different provider install tomorrow so will probably sign up for it on my iPad to start with. Looks good because you can watch what you've missed too and right now some proper TV would be nice!

Title
      Banned
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      ozsubasi is on a distinguished road
      Where I am in Tukey Turkey the TV service from the UK is sporadic, so we prefer to download, using "Vuze" (which is free). We can get most things a day or so after they have been broadcast, and there is the added advantage that any adverts have usually been filtered out. Usually my wife will browse through what's available just before we go to bed, so we can download overnight and watch the following day.

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      894 times
      Rep
      Ktee is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by ozsubasi View Post
      Where I am in Tukey Turkey the TV service from the UK is sporadic, so we prefer to download, using "Vuze" (which is free). We can get most things a day or so after they have been broadcast, and there is the added advantage that any adverts have usually been filtered out. Usually my wife will browse through what's available just before we go to bed, so we can download overnight and watch the following day.
      You can't watch You Tube can you in Turkey.

Title
      Andika
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Andika is on a distinguished road
      Although it's supporting Private Eye's "Dirty Digger", Rupert Murdoch, I have SKY here in Mexico which has a BBC channel added to which the "Film and Arts" channel carries a considerable amount of BBC content.
      There are also inexpensive "TV by computer" systems. If you can link your computer to a big screen you can tune in to TV programmes anywhere.

Title
      Banned
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      ozsubasi is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by Ktee View Post
      You can't watch You Tube can you in Turkey.
      That used to be the case, but it has been freely available again since Sept 2011.

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      bbflboy is on a distinguished road
      Give http://www.123uktv.com a try. I've been using them since the Spring and couldn't be happier. Very cheap and over 40 odd channels including Sky, BBC, ITV etc... I believe their system will work pretty much anywhere but don't quote me on that one!

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Nowhere Girl is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by bbflboy View Post
      Give http://www.123uktv.com a try. I've been using them since the Spring and couldn't be happier. Very cheap and over 40 odd channels including Sky, BBC, ITV etc... I believe their system will work pretty much anywhere but don't quote me on that one!
      I tried them and it was ok but I don't watch all those channels and it wasn't always accessible. I signed up for the stuffedcrust.tv one someone mentioned earlier and for 8 I get all that stuff on iPlayer and more.

• Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234