Welcome to British Expats Abroad

Thread: british tv.s

peanut

Wink british tv.s

we are hoping to move to costa del sol later this year, we have a new flat screen hd tv is it compatable to spanish or would we have to buy a new one there and not take this with us.

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      Cal

Title
      Liked
      218 times
      Rep
      Cal will become famous soon enough
      hiya i remember when we moved to spain having to buy a spanish set cause ours wouldnt work,i really cant remember what the problem was though,sorry
      Cal x

Remember the road to success is always under construction...

Tim

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      Tim is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by peanut View Post
      we are hoping to move to costa del sol later this year, we have a new flat screen hd tv is it compatable to spanish or would we have to buy a new one there and not take this with us.
      I don't believe they will work because they are on a different digital signal. For instance you may get a picture but no sound or vicky vera.

Cheers

Tim

satman
      your tv will work fine it will just need a spanish freeview box or a sky box connected to it. make sure if you go the sky way you have your own dish and not the microwave systems that they offer as they are illegal and will soon be shut down if you want to contact me go to www.dm-digital.co.uk my company cheers dan

romfty
      As sat man says they will work fine with a freeview box or a sky dish..........make sure you can get a good signal for sky wherever you are, because it will affect the size of dish you need. Your present sky box if you have one will work fine if the signal is good enough.

freddyb45
      Even if your TV has built in free-view it will still work in Spain...just reprogram the free-view to the region your in.

rach
      hi, we used to live in spain, took our tvs over, we had picture but no sound, set it up with our sky box(which we took from uk) it worked...1 is still working her in cyprus(with our sky bx), our other 1 is spanish ..thts working great here too...