Welcome to British Expats Abroad
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like Tree1Likes

Thread: BUPA in Bucharest, Romania

Deanna

BUPA in Bucharest, Romania

Hi all,

Can anyone help me in finding a local representative for BUPA in Bucharest? I really need to make some sense of the romanian health system and i would need a local assistance company...
      Many thanks

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Aldo is a Dil
      Liked
      23 times
      Rep
      thearmchairdetective is on a distinguished road
      Hi and welcome, How about introducing yourself and telling us all a bit about yourself?

Deanna
      Hi,

Yes you are right. I am Deanna, 31, marketing consultant, recently relocated (I mean recently recently:)) to Bucharest. Don't know anyone here (except for my work colleagues)..A nice place however, hot at the moment!!

What else?:)

purple
      Hey Deanna, and welcome to Britsabroad :)

I found this on their site - Worldwide private health insurance and care services | Bupa worldwide

You'll see tha if you click on the "bupa worldwide" tab that there's a drop down list of continents, click on the "europe" link and it will open a list of countries, Romania is on that.
      I'd suggest that you email them, or phone, there's a "contact us" link for that too.

Hope that gives you some joy. Let us know how you get on with it?
      :)

Deanna
      Hi and thank you!

I tried finding the information on their website as you suggested but on the Romania page it just said they were working on it:)

So i called them and they gave me (in the end) a broker's name from Bucharest, MediHelp International...

I will let you know how it works with them too..maybe i will even get to a doctor this year:)))

purple
      Hi again :)

Glad that you eventually got some help out of them.
      Hope that the Doctor eventually materializes! It'd be nice to hear how it all works out for you in the end... just in case that wants to know or finds themself in the same situation and needs a broker at some point.

All the best :)

codybrown
      Ever been to a BUPA doctor, Deanna? Hi there, I am in the same predicament so i was curious.

purple
      Welcome to Britsabroad, Cody!

Title
      Aldo is a Dil
      Liked
      23 times
      Rep
      thearmchairdetective is on a distinguished road
      seconded from me.
      purple likes this.

codybrown
      Thank you! It's good to be (back) here