Welcome to British Expats Abroad
      nik

Buying house in greece!

Hi,
      This is my first visit to this site,so hello to all you ex-pats:)
      The main reason i was looking at these type of sites was I am searching for a house to buy in Greece where I live in rented accom with my Greek wife.
      I have money in my Uk bank accounts in sterling and will need to have it in Euros when we find the right house.
      Can anyone give me advice on the cheapest,safest way to do this,,,,
      Any help would be greatly appreciated..
      thanks

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      petros
      Hello from Greece!

This is also my first time on Britsabroad. As according to your post, have you decided the place that your house would like to be situated? I can propose you Naxos island, at Cyclades - the center of Aegean Sea-. Naxos is situable for the summer as it has long beaches with sand -lonely or not-, sun , aegean air, much green, many tradiotional villages and life even at the winter as it is the biggest island of Cyclades. The only that remains to you is to select your small paradise and to be away from everything or so close when you like it... I am working as a civil engineer at the island and I have helped many people find their property at Naxos. You can either buy a ready house, or a house at mid-level and you can complete it as you like. The first choice it faster, the second is cheaper. Anyway, I can give you any advise that you need if you choose Naxos or an island close to Naxos for buying your house. Do not hesitate to contact with me anytime and I can provide you of my email too.
      Thank you in advance

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      kris1985 is on a distinguished road
      Hello,if I can offer some advice then I advise finding yourself a goodbroker when purchasing property abroad. I recommend First Rate FX,they are very reliable and they charge no fees to transfer your moneyabroad. www.firstratefx.com

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Sophie Scully is on a distinguished road
      Hi, I would use fx broker Currencies Direct, they offer the best exchange rates and offer excellent customer service which will make your transaction smoother. Hope this helps for any future decisions