Welcome to British Expats Abroad
    Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By Aldo

Thread: Car Rental/ Car for sale?

J T Synan

Car Rental/ Car for sale?

Hola,

Ive now lived in Costa Del Sol just over a month and was wondering what most permanent residents tend to do about thier transport situation? My girlfriend and I have been renting a car for 5 or 6 weeks and the prices are of course steadily on the rise. We've used record go and gold car thus far, the local companies in calahonda are extortionate. Does anyone know of any good value car rentals that I might be missing. We'd be looking at a 3 month rental if possible.

Looking beyond that we will be looking to buy a car before the summer price hike. Before I research around to factor in the added extras, Can anyone tell me what tax / insurance works out at for an ex pat in ESP?

Also if anyone knows of any cheap small cars going for s grand or two let me know. we're all ears.

Ta very much,

Jamie.

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      859 times
      Rep
      Aldo is on a distinguished road
      2nd hand cars are notoriously expensive in Spain but their are bargains to be had. Have you tried the"friday ad" or the sur in English?
      There are a lot of expats moving back to the uk and selling cars so try putting an ad in saying "small car wanted cash waiting" type ad.
      Insuring a car is pretty much the same as in the UK, get some quotes - try linia directa and Ibex are the big ones (google them). Tax is something that you have to do once a year in the town hall, if you don't when you sell the car you will have to pay any outstanding tax owed.
      There is a member here who will be able to help you about the legalities of owning a car in Spain. http://www.britsabroad.com/members/familyinspain/.

http://www.britsabroad.com/members/familyinspain/
      Ktee likes this.