Welcome to British Expats Abroad
      annwhite

Cost mobile calls in EU

I have travelled and lived in France, Spain, Italy and Germany, I use to use my UK Orange sim card but Friends and family ringing me cost me a lot of money when I got back home some of the bills were in the Hundreds.
      I tried local sim cards but when travelling it was even dearer, so I have looked at International Sim cards and found so far unless anyone knows better that mobilephonesim.com is the best what do you think?:spinny:

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      romfty
      Hi Anne, When I first came over and only had a Spanish pay as you go mobile, I used to buy a phone card (called a euro something card) for 6 and that gave me 800 minutes of calls via a pin number on the card, it only took a few cents off your mobile for each call.

annwhite

International sim card against local card

Hi
      Thanks for your reply on International card, If you are only spending time in one country like Spain it is good to get a local card, although if someone rings you from the UK it is very dear for them this card is cheaper to ring from the UK because it is a UK number, there are many countries other than Spain where buying a local card to use can prove expensive, I know I have tried it