Welcome to British Expats Abroad
  • Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Costa Blanca

romfty

Costa Blanca

Come on folks, who lives here on the Costa Blanca? I live in an inland village (famous for Turron nougat). It is about twenty minutes from Alicante, forty from Benidorm and fifteen minutes to the beach. We have an old town house (modernised now) , but being built on the side of a small mountain it has lots of stairs and the back door is on the 1st floor!. When it comes to decorating, it's a bit like the forth road bridge!, never ending. So where do you live? or where are you going to live?

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      Tim

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      Tim is on a distinguished road
      Romfty - Are yopu on BroadBand there? Just curious.

romfty
      Yes Tim we're on broadband with the Spanish BT, which is called Telefonica, not a bad service but still expensive. Though at the moment I'm still in the UK and return via ferry to Santander on the 31st. Here in the uk it's cold, my friends in Spain tell me it's hot!

Naranjos
      Hi there Romfty, I live permanently on the Costa Blanca not far from Torrevieja. I have lived here for just over four years and love every bit of it. I moved out here with my husband to enjoy retirement but unfortunately my husband passed away suddenly earlier this year. I made the decision to stay out here in Spain much to my kids amazement, as the lifestyle is much better than over in the UK. In saying that, this summer has been sooo very hot I could of done with a bit of the english weather, well just the odd day of it anyway. Thank god for air con eh.

kdal
      Well we are in the Uk and of to Oz. Although my Mummy-in-law is Naranjos on here and as she says lives in Spain (going to try and kidnap her and take her to Oz lol). We miss my Daddy-in-law loads but he loved living in Spain.

Sheena, I think soon we are going to have quite a few people living in Spain coming on here and Sheena dont we enjoy our PIO forum, lets hope this forum of Tim's turns out just as good

Naranjos
      Now listen hear daughter in law you know I love you to bits as did daddy in law but you know flying all those miles would be the death of me. Just think all those miles without a ciggy. Not like I can pop outside for a quick one now is it. Mind you if my sister has anything to do with it I am sure she will try hard to persuade me to go for a holiday. Firstly tho I will need to work on the roundabout for a few weeks altho at my age it will probably mean working at a loss. ha ha

kdal
      Quote Originally Posted by Naranjos View Post
      Now listen hear daughter in law you know I love you to bits as did daddy in law but you know flying all those miles would be the death of me. Just think all those miles without a ciggy. Not like I can pop outside for a quick one now is it. Mind you if my sister has anything to do with it I am sure she will try hard to persuade me to go for a holiday. Firstly tho I will need to work on the roundabout for a few weeks altho at my age it will probably mean working at a loss. ha ha

Oh no not the roundabout

When you come over to ours soon we can practise the No Smoking for 24 hours so that you can get used to it :twitcy:

Does Jean have internet? You'll have to get her on here too!

Love n Hugz xxxxxxxx

Naranjos
      Hi Sheena, I don't like flying first and foremost but to go all that way without a ciggy doesn't bear thinking about. When I go over to visit my kids in the UK I have to go outside to smoke as they are all non smokers apart from one but he doesn't smoke in the house even my sister doesn't smoke. I do ask them to get me a little tent put outside so that I have somewhere out of the rain, wind, rain, snow and more rain but they never oblige, the mean lot. At least in Spain I can go out on my terrace and smoke till the cows come home and not get wet or cold.
      Its fiesta week in San Miguel coming up next week over here close to where I live and I really do enjoy a good fiesta. Trouble is I have to do it this year on my own. Music, dancing, free drinks and food carnival procession, flamenco dancing a huge firework display its great. And not a punch up to be had. Its a great family week for all ages to enjoy and doesn't cost a bean. Oh and I can have a ciggy anywhere I like too.

Naranjos
      Quote Originally Posted by kdal View Post

Oh no not the roundabout

When you come over to ours soon we can practise the No Smoking for 24 hours so that you can get used to it :twitcy:

Does Jean have internet? You'll have to get her on here too!

Love n Hugz xxxxxxxx

Yes the roundabout here I come.
      I am NOT going to practice going 24 hours with out a ciggy I will just have to brave the cold wet windy weather and sit out in the garden.
      Jean has got her brother and baby niece over from Sweden at the moment so I will not be seeing much of her and its Jimmy who uses the computer and doesn't let Jean get a look in but I will mention it to her tho.Love hugs and kisses
      xxxxxxxxxx

kdal
      HI Sheena

We are not that bad really, we dont have a smoke tent lol but we do have a patio heater where Naranjos can smoke to her hearts content, although sometimes there is no gas in the heater:twitcy:, but there is a little table to put the ashtray on and hat n gloves in the cupboard

• Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast