Welcome to British Expats Abroad

Thread: Costa Del Sol

sally1969

Costa Del Sol

Up to 12 months ago I lived in the Costa Blanca for 6 years. Since then I have returned to the UK and finding it difficult to settle here.
      I would like to know where the best expat community is in the Costa Del Sol.
      I have 3 small children 3 months, 2 years and 4 years. I would like them to go to a British school. My husband works on the oil rigs so jobs are not an issue I would just like to be somewhere where there is plenty going on with lots of british people and shops!! I would be looking at renting long term to begin with.

Can anyone help with any information that would be useful to making any decisions

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      859 times
      Rep
      Aldo is on a distinguished road
      Marbella's the place. It has a good mix of nationalities - Brits, Skandies, Germans all living in harmony with the Spanish. You have all the designer shops in Puerto banus as well as the El Corte Inglaise and 5 mins up the road is La Canada shopping mall and Marbella Town. Plenty of options to spend the ol' mans hard earned.....
      it happens a lot everywhere in the world...

Title
      Liked
      69 times
      Rep
      Stacey is on a distinguished road
      Gibraltar lol. My grandad lives in benalmedena (prob wrong spelling as usual!) and theres loads of expats there. They all jump on the bus to gibraltar to go to morrisons for their british things like andrex toilet paper!!
      Marbella is meant to be lovely, i havent been but heard good things about it