Welcome to British Expats Abroad
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Expats in Costa Del Sol?

J T Synan

Expats in Costa Del Sol?

After living in Portugal for the last year I am now moving to Costa Del Sol. I work in finance and my partner is a qualified child care assistant who is looking for work. Does anyone have any info on Expat based social events in and around Costa Del Sol? My girlfriend and I would like to meet similar minded expats as we're new to the area.

Many Thanks,

J T SYNAN.

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      859 times
      Rep
      Aldo is on a distinguished road
      I recently got back from just over 10 years living in Marbella (minus a short stint in Australia) I knew a couple of blokes that where making a decent living trading currency online but most folk working in finance work in Gibraltar so tend to live up the Duquessa end of the coast as the commute is shorter. My Misses had a friend that had a child care business and i'll try to get the contact details for you. The best way to meet people there is just get out and mingle. The munu del dia restaurants are popular at lunch times. A word of caution though, Marbella is a great place to live but unfortunately it seems to attract more than its fair share of bulls4i77ers (just a heads up).
      I know the area very well so just ask if you need any advice.

Also my friend Nicola runs a business networking thing called "tweet marbella" https://twitter.com/#!/tweetmarbella http://www.facebook.com/tweetmarbella she is on FB here http://www.facebook.com/nicolaerlich
      Cal, Ktee and guest3160 like this.
      it happens a lot everywhere in the world...

J T Synan
      Thankyou Aldo,

I'll be jooining the Twitter and Facebook groups. When I lived in Portugal I came across a couple of marketing companies which organized networking events. These were a great way of finding reliable expat based services and networking quickly. Do you know of anything similar in CDS?
      Ktee likes this.

Title
      Liked
      859 times
      Rep
      The tweet marbella group meet up once a month but i'm not aware of any more. The majority of expats on the CDS are very social by nature and its easy to get to know people. Golf and tennis clubs are good for mixing with the jet set also check the sur in English and Euro weekley news for the charity dinners at the Puento Romano and Marbella Club hotels, these events attract plenty of rich and famous.
      Ktee likes this.

nicchick
      Hi Jamie,

I have seen you connecting with me across several social networking sites and was wondering who you were. But the stalker mystery has now been solved since I found this thread! ;)

So, when are you both moving here? Happy to help if you need any advice. And of course you are more than welcome to come along to TweetMarbella. It is normally on the 1st Wednesday of every month but February's one is on 8th February because I am just too busy workwise on the 1st of each month. We tend to move around venues, so we get to go to new places, and so different people come along. Last month in January we were in San Pedro and had "the best tweetmarbella ever" - not my words! It was a fun one since there is a strong social element to TweetMarbella. And we are also unique in that we are truly bilingual, with approx 50% Spanish speaking and 50% expats. I dont have the venue confirmed yet for Febrary because I have been asked to do one in the Elviria area and am waiting for some feedback from members on suggestions where.

Aldo, I want to say a big THANK YOU for speaking so kindly about me. But who are you??? I have solved the mystery of who Jamie is following me on the Twitter, Facebook etc, but now I am puzzled who you are. LOL

Anyway guys, you know how to reach me. Look forward to hearing from you

Nicky
      Cal and Ktee like this.

Title
      Liked
      859 times
      Rep
      Clue... our kids went to same school
      Cal and Ktee like this.

Title
      Liked
      504 times
      Rep
      guest3160 is on a distinguished road
      oooh this is exciting! Lol.....I imagine once met never forgotten where Aldo is concerned!
      Cal and Ktee like this.

nicchick
      Tillyfloss you are sooo right. I have indeed figured out who he is.

So, Aldo, how are the saucepan lids?! ;) My kids ask every day if its summer yet so they can see them again. you'd better be coming! Playing Scooby Doo isnt the same without Fred & Scooby! ;)

Thanks for the recommendation Aldo. I didnt have you down for an expat forum kind of guy!.

Kisses to the missus! xx
      Cal and Ktee like this.

Title
      Liked
      504 times
      Rep
      guest3160 is on a distinguished road
      [QUOTE=nicchick;19478]Tillyfloss you are sooo right. I have indeed figured out who he is.

So, Aldo, how are the saucepan lids?! ;) My kids ask every day if its summer yet so they can see them again. you'd better be coming! Playing Scooby Doo isnt the same without Fred & Scooby! ;)

Thanks for the recommendation Aldo. I didnt have you down for an expat forum kind of guy!.

Sorry Nicchick....Aldo IS Expat forums! Tooo funny!.................
      Ktee likes this.

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Ktee is on a distinguished road
      Hi Nicchick, my deepest sympathies, I feel your heartache in being acquainted with Aldo, I think there is a support group out there for those who need help in overcoming this

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast