Welcome to British Expats Abroad
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like Tree7Likes

Thread: how to watch online British TV?

kristel

Cool how to watch online British TV?

just moved to Italy :) and I love it to bits! the only thing is Im still a bit homesick I think a bit of good old English TV might help :) do you know how I can watch it online ?

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      Lonny
      UKTVAccess is good. It will connect you to a server in UK. There is a very small fee like 4 quid monthly but at least you don't get the pop ups and adds that you get with the free proxies.
      guest3160 likes this.

truebrit
      Try expat shield, its free.
      guest3160 and SimCityAT like this.

kristel
      I tried expatshield first but couldn't stand it even for an hour but thanks anyway :) uktvaccess seems to be working fine...cheers Lonny!
      diann likes this.

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      bbflboy is on a distinguished road
      I use a firm based in Manchester called UKTV2C and have used their service without any complaints for several months. I watch all the usual shows on iPlayer, 4oD and ITV etc. Costs more than some of the others at 9.99 a month but you get what you pay for! Quality is top dollar and I can access any UK TV shows. I registered at http://www.uktv-vpn.com - the guy I spoke to was called Mike. Nice chap and very helpful.
      Ktee likes this.

diann
      Quote Originally Posted by kristel View Post
      I tried expatshield first but couldn't stand it even for an hour but thanks anyway :) uktvaccess seems to be working fine...cheers Lonny!
      I was having a very hard time with Expat Shield, now I know I'm not alone :) Thank God I found this forum and this topic! Thank you, uktvaccess is dynamite!

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      118 times
      Rep
      cerberus1 is on a distinguished road
      Have tried using various vpn type solutions, but unfortunately, because my broadband connection isn't exactly lightning fast up here in Far North Queensland, never had much joy. Not too bad though, ABC show lots of UK programs, then there's UKTV on Satellite and I've got a monthly subscription to the international version of BBC iPlayer on the iPad (which I can connect to the TV).

Title
      Liked
      859 times
      Rep
      Aldo is on a distinguished road
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/wor...ittleford.html

Slightly off topic but until i save up for my new smart tv i'm pondering a tv streamer box thingy.

my shortlist is:
      Google TV
      WD TV hub
      Sony TV box
      D-link boxee
      not bothering with the apple tv (locked down too much)

so whats the verdict?

brianjones
      Hiya, I was living in Italy for 6 months last year, and managed to watch UK TV shows on my PC with one of those VPN thingys, I used http://www.laptoptelly.com, seem to do the trick, theres plenty of different ones out there now by the looks of it, are fine providing your connection is fast enough, got a Netflix account aswell now, never bored now!

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      bbflboy is on a distinguished road
      I recently discovered a company that offers VPN service combined with a Sky go account so you can watch premium sky channels such as sports, movies and news etc plus access iPlayer. Anyone used these chaps at 123uktv.com before? Costs a tenner a month so seems too good to be true right?

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast