Welcome to British Expats Abroad

Title
      Liked
      6 times
      Rep
      UKinSpain is on a distinguished road

Living in Spain? Registered for healthcare with an S1? Need to renew your UK EHIC?

Resident in Spain and registered for healthcare by the UK through an S1 form? Need to renew your UK EHIC to travel back to the UK or any other EU country as a temporary visitor?

Call the Overseas Healthcare Team in Newcastle on 0044 191 218 1999.

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      monalott is on a distinguished road
      I renewed my EHIC by phoning UK.It was straightforward as there were no changes.But I wondered why my siblings,resident in UK,can do so on-line yet we ex-pats need to make an international phone call.Can you imagine someone,elderly,living in perhaps Czech Republic or even Malta with very (to English ears) foreign sounding addresses,having to recite a change of address!Even when I go from Spain to my bank in Gibraltar,where you imagine the English employees would have some idea,I have to spell out my address.So I e-mailed Mr.Jeremy Hunt to ask why there was a difference in giving the same details.Back came a curt reply to say that Mr.Hunt only answers enquiries from his own constituents.Not too many of them in my neck of the woods.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      pennyd is on a distinguished road
      I quite agree with you monalott - may I suggest you send an email to the conservative party as Mr hunt cannot be made to answer questions relevant to his job!

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      I might just do that Pennyd,& thanks for your suggestion.I have found though,no matter who you write to,you get back a vague reply.In fact,when the referendum was on going,I asked the anti-Eu group that Mr.Nigel Lawson was leading in England,if,as his son said,he had only a home in France,was he,like myself in Spain,a fiscal resident,integrated & being legally able to access the facilities of his adopted country or did he flit back & forth to UK retaining his residency there,which would allow him to vote & head this group.I wondered if this was the case & he was burgled at his French home,if he would ask the French police to attend despite not paying,as a non-resident in France,for this service.Back came a reply to state that"someone would contact me soon".Months later,I sit here wondering "how soon" this might be!

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      I'd send the same email again to Mr Lawson with a subject title "Second time sending as no reply received first time!" - make them work for their money!! lol

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      I`ve sent an e-mail to Conservative HQ as suggested!Will report back with that reply.Better now take my hypertension pill before I get over excited.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Well done - cup of tea to relax you and a bit of classical music :) Or an alco-frolic drink!! lol