Welcome to British Expats Abroad
      alarholm

Looking for your help :)

Hi all!

I'm a Brit who lives in Germany having moved here from Denmark and before that the UK.

We're currently investigating our next move and having moved countries a few times now, I realised there was a massive gap online for a website which puts everything you need to know under one roof.

IE, what you need to do when considering a move/while you're living there/what you have to do to move away from another European country.

So anyway, in the absence of anything out there, I figured I'd create something myself.

http://liveandworkin.eu is the result.

I would LOVE it if you could take a look and offer me feedback on the site? If you notice anything that's incorrect, please report it and help me make this a valuable resource for any other Brit moving around Europe.

Thanks so much in advance

Aly

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      Andy Chapman
      Maybe since this is your first post you could tell us something about you, introduce
      yourself so to speak just so we know a little of who we're answering to. Most of the
      newcomers do it Aly.

And while i'm already here, WELCOME to Brits Abroad Aly.

alarholm
      Quote Originally Posted by Andy Chapman View Post
      Maybe since this is your first post you could tell us something about you, introduce
      yourself so to speak just so we know a little of who we're answering to. Most of the
      newcomers do it Aly.

And while i'm already here, WELCOME to Brits Abroad Aly.
      Thanks Andy :) I wasn't sure if you meant to do it here or on another thread so took a gamble and introduced myself on another thread. :) I am looking forward to getting to know everyone :)

Quote Originally Posted by sheena View Post
      hi aly,
      welcome to brits abroad,
      hope you enjoy the forum,
      like andy says..it might be a good idea to say abit more about yourself etc, so we get an idea about yourself etc. and also if you are putting links on to your website, i think its only fair that you put a link on yours to BRITS ABROAD! what do you think?
      Thanks Sheena :)

We could certainly come to some arrangement :) Do you think you would be prepared to link to my site on any of your main pages too?

Aly

traveller
      Hi Aly and welcome!

Good idea about the website - I thought about doing a similar thing for people moving to the US because it is such a steep learning curve and we could have used a few tips, but as yet I haven't had the time! Good on you for getting it started!

alarholm
      Thanks Sheena :)

We could certainly come to some arrangement :) Do you think you would be prepared to link to my site on any of your main pages too?

Aly
      hi ALY!
      will speak to the boss and get back to you!
      We've now included you! http://www.liveandworkin.eu/forums.aspx. Please please let me know once we're added to your links too :)

Love teamwork! Thanks so much!

Aly

Dr R
      Hi Aly & Family, I am also in Germany at the moment
      Thought I was the only one to have moved to Germany /most of the others inthe forum live in sunny Australia/ and am really glad to see it's not only me

alarholm
      Quote Originally Posted by Dr R View Post
      Hi Aly & Family, I am also in Germany at the moment
      Thought I was the only one to have moved to Germany /most of the others inthe forum live in sunny Australia/ and am really glad to see it's not only me
      Ooohhh where in Germany are you?

Aly

Dr R
      Quote Originally Posted by alarholm View Post
      Ooohhh where in Germany are you?

Aly
      the wild wild east... :v_SPIN: Magdeburg
      And whereabouts do you live in Germany?

alarholm
      Quote Originally Posted by Dr R View Post
      the wild wild east... :v_SPIN: Magdeburg
      And whereabouts do you live in Germany?
      Never heard of it lol. According to google maps you're 2 hrs 23 mins from me in Bielefeld!

Aly

Dr R
      Yeah, smth like that
      I thought you might have not heard of Magdeburg
      cos its east Germany and there are not too many britishes living around indeed...
      Met a couple of brits teaching english in Leipzig though