Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Moving to Spain

Title
      Liked
      859 times
      Rep
      Aldo is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by Ktee View Post
      Can you see yourself retiring there or would you ever consider moving back to the UK?
      The retiring bit is the best part of living here. I hate working on houses next to golf courses having to watch the greys poodling around in their buggies while i'm grunting and groaning building a wall or something else where i get covered in crap all day.
      We have 2 national parks SIERRANIEVES and los reales de sierra bermeja that i'd love to explore.

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      859 times
      Rep
      Back to the OP. We also pay about E100 a month (family)private health care. As tax payers (or pensioners) you are entitled to a social security card that give you free health care and the hospitals are as good as any 1st world country but the extra cover gives us access to a brand new state of the art private hospital just 5klms up the road and a load of other benefits that i cant recall (staring out of the window when the sales rep was here) but apparently its worth having.

Thehatandswag
      Sounds good, many poms living around you mate?

Title
      Liked
      859 times
      Rep
      On my urbanisation its mainly Skandies, a couple of Germans and a few English and Spanish. Its a good International mix.
      Thehatandswag likes this.

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Ktee is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
      The retiring bit is the best part of living here. I hate working on houses next to golf courses having to watch the greys poodling around in their buggies while i'm grunting and groaning building a wall or something else where i get covered in crap all day.
      We have 2 national parks SIERRANIEVES and los reales de sierra bermeja that i'd love to explore.
      They look gorgeous are they close by?

Title
      Liked
      859 times
      Rep
      About 20 minute drive.

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Ktee is on a distinguished road
      Not bad at all, what a lovely place to spend your days off

Title
      Aldo is a Dil
      Liked
      23 times
      Rep
      thearmchairdetective is on a distinguished road
      Are these quoted prices based on a mortage or rental accommodation please?
      I thought you were living in Oz about 2 years ago, or were you doing and Earlswood?? :-)

Title
      Liked
      859 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by thearmchairdetective View Post
      Are these quoted prices based on a mortage or rental accommodation please?
      I thought you were living in Oz about 2 years ago, or were you doing and Earlswood?? :-)
      I'm renting where i live but own a 2 bed apartment in Aloha but its not big enough for us (family of 4). Although a friend has just secured a rental apartment down the road, beach side 2 bed 1 bath for 350 a month!! There are so many apartments for rent with all the new builds not being sold that you can virtually name your price. The problem is securing work here, I've been lucky but i'm under no illusion how tough it is for a lot of people.

Re the 2 years thing?? come on ACD your not doing your PI reputation any good if you cant work that one out ;)

edited to add : If you own the property you will also have to factor in community fees. Most villas and apartments are on private urbanizations around here witch have sghared resourses, security, pools, gyms gardens ect.. Our previous place we owned the community fees where about E250 a quarter, it had 2 pools 24 hour concierge service and quite large luscious gardens. On the other hand you may have a villa on a private road and only have to pay for the maintenance of the road once a year.
      As a tennant you don't pay this so for us the current property marked dictates we are much better off renting.
      Last edited by Aldo; 26-02-2011 at 10:41 AM.

Title
      Aldo is a Dil
      Liked
      23 times
      Rep
      thearmchairdetective is on a distinguished road
      Mark, If your monthly earnings in Spain equate to a gallon of water, how much would you have to tip away to reflect your monthly spend?

Please don't count any of your "Mr Nice" bonuses hehehehe

• Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast