Welcome to British Expats Abroad

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Johnhutchy is on a distinguished road

sky satellite/cable television engineer moving abroad looking for ideas

Hi my names john I'm 39 years old and currently live in Jersey in the Channel Islands. Myself and my partner Lisa and our baby are looking at moving to Spain or the Netherlands, France or other options other than the UK. We are looking at doing this in the near future and just trying to get an idea of locations that are good for schools and work. I'm currently working as a senior engineer for sky in Jersey and have 15 years experience and have all my own tools ect. My partner Lisa is 38 years old and a fully qualified career with over 20 years experience of all sorts of care. We have excellent references from employers and landlord. I have 2 children that live in England and they visit Jersey as much as they can but Jersey is not the beautiful place it once was and not the sort of place I'd like to bring up our child. We would be looking at renting a house/villa with at least 2/3 bedrooms long term if in the right area. We are friendly out going people who love to meet new people and a nice community that are family friendly. We are both hard workers and I'll try my hand to anything but enjoy what line of work I do so would be perfect if opportunities are out there. If you have any info or advise would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks in advance.

John and Lisa
      Last edited by Johnhutchy; 22-06-2015 at 03:10 PM.

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      SimCityAT is on a distinguished road
      Have you thought about Austria?