Welcome to British Expats Abroad
    Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By Stayson

Thread: Thinking of moving to Spain. Know any good areas for residence?

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Stayson is on a distinguished road

Thinking of moving to Spain. Know any good areas for residence?

Hi, guys!

My fiancee and I are thinking of moving to Spain. We are looking at the Alicante area to begin with.

We will be moving from London and the different lifestyle attracts us...Nice weather, food etc. We would like to be somewhere lively but also have nature etc...

Could you recommend any other areas that we should consider that are safe, good infrastructure, and good for raising a new family.

We are looking to buy a villa of sorts...our budget is around £200k...

Many thanks for any advice given!
      Keep safe
      Strotmant likes this.

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Strotmant is on a distinguished road
      Hi, Stayson )
      Can't help sharing some useful tip with you which helped me some time ago )
      1. Tip before You Move: Do not sell your flat/house in the UK. Rent it out and perhaps money gained will cover future expenses.
      2. Rent some accommodation in Spain for at least 3-4 months in the off season. During that time you will fully figure out if this country is for you. If it is, then the area in which you wish to live is also learnt.
      3. Leave some room for dignified retreat. Not everyone likes Spain.
      4. Find job in Spain. It's extremely important to do b4 going there.
      5. Measure twice, cut once!
      If you have followed all of the tips mentioned above and Spain is your country then visit this site https://www.realestateespanol.com/ It has all the answers about what is better to buy in Spain and in what area. Btw loads of estates in Alicante for good prices.