• 1 Post By spanglish
    • 1 Post By Aldo
    • 1 Post By spanglish
    • 1 Post By Aldo
    • 1 Post By Ktee

Thread: thinking of returning to the uk after 42 years

spanglish

thinking of returning to the uk after 42 years

I have lived in Spain since I was 9 years old (my parents emigrated here) . My parents have now died and I ask myself what I am I doing here.... alone.
      I have no kids so what help would I get if I returned to the UK?

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      859 times
      Rep
      Aldo is on a distinguished road
      Do you have British citizenship/passport? My belief is that officially if you have been out of the country for a certain amount of time you will not be entitled to certain benefits like NHS treatment but it seems to be discretionary and if you are nice to the people on the phone (bite lip) you will slot straight back in. Child benefit is complicated with child tax credit and child benefit and you must claim them in the right order.....

The Direct Gov website is worth a look and also here http://ukinspain.fco.gov.uk/en/help-...turning-to-uk/
      Ktee likes this.

spanglish
      thank you for your answer..... yes, I have a british passport....... I have no children.
      Ktee likes this.

Title
      Liked
      504 times
      Rep
      guest3160 is on a distinguished road
      Imagine it will be quite straightforward then...have you visited the UK recently?

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Ktee is on a distinguished road
      Is it true that if you are out of the country for longer than 6 months you can't claim, is this indefinite or just temporary?

Title
      Liked
      859 times
      Rep
      Aldo is on a distinguished road
      I heard this and read something official about it but did'nt encounter it. But then again I'm a handsome, charming young man.
      Ktee likes this.

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Ktee is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
      I heard this and read something official about it but did'nt encounter it. But then again I'm a handsome, charming young man.
      Yeah yeah they probably couldn't wait to get rid of you so gave you whatever you wanted
      Aldo likes this.

spanglish
      Quote Originally Posted by Ktee View Post
      Is it true that if you are out of the country for longer than 6 months you can't claim, is this indefinite or just temporary?
      I would like to know if this is true, if it is I stand no chance

Vkerry
      Well if you gotta go you gotta go maybe this helps....http://www.europemovers.com
      Good luck!

Title
      Liked
      27 times
      Rep
      braveheart is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by spanglish View Post
      I have lived in Spain since I was 9 years old (my parents emigrated here) . My parents have now died and I ask myself what I am I doing here.... alone.
      I have no kids so what help would I get if I returned to the UK?
      This is one of the saddest letters I have ever read. You must have fluent Spanish having arrived as a child and you must have Spanish friends and neighbours. The Spanish are the kindest people I have ever met. The cost of living is cheap and at the moment the health service is second to none. I believe it is dangerous to make hasty decisions when you lose loved ones. If you get a European health card you could go on an extended holiday in Britain and see how you feel about living there with no worries about medical services as you would be covered. Britain could be very lonely for yiou if you have no friends or family there. My heart goes out to you whatever you decide.