Welcome to British Expats Abroad
      Cat

Tips/Info on moving to SW France

Hi

My husband, myself and 3 kids under 7 are planning a move to SW France within the next year for a number of reasons. I was wondering if anyone had made this move with a young family? Where are the best schools for the children? We are keen to integrate into the French way of life and are learning the language, however, would like to move to an area where there are other ex-pats. We live in a rural village with cities approx 20 miles away so are used to driving everywhere! It would be good to have a community near-by! This would also be the good for job opportunities. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      Oz to france is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
      Hi

My husband, myself and 3 kids under 7 are planning a move to SW France within the next year for a number of reasons. I was wondering if anyone had made this move with a young family? Where are the best schools for the children? We are keen to integrate into the French way of life and are learning the language, however, would like to move to an area where there are other ex-pats. We live in a rural village with cities approx 20 miles away so are used to driving everywhere! It would be good to have a community near-by! This would also be the good for job opportunities. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

if you PM me with an email address I can forward an email that I received from someone living out there which is very informative and helpful, employment is very, very difficult I believe out there at the moment and health care will be a real problem for you after the first year unless you are working, taxes on low paid workers I think are high, its not the income tax its the social charge, the equiv of NI, which is the killer.
      I would really think hard about it ,I have been looking at property websites for 9 months and even renting prices shoot up if you are within striking distance of employment centers, we are only able to do it because I am retired and have pensions.
      Last edited by Cal; 14-11-2012 at 10:31 AM.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      kris1985 is on a distinguished road
      Hello,if you want to buy a property abroad then I recommend using FirstRate FX. They are excellent and they don't charge any fees totransfer your money.