Welcome to British Expats Abroad
    Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By braveheart

Thread: Top choices in Europe

thebeautician

Top choices in Europe

Well, I need some advice... I'm thinking of moving abroad as I just don't think my heart is in the UK.

I'm an EU citizen but do not have a degree by way of higher education. I'm single and have no children.

I speak only English at the moment. So far, I've holidayed in USA, Italy and Australia and I want to spread my wings and live abroad. I know there's so much more to explore beyond UK.

However I'm worried as I'll be by myself and am not sure which country to go to. Europe seems the sensible choice because it'll be easier but I think I'll struggle not being bilingual.

I love hot weather and being by the beach egc, but I also love city life, and a clean and safe environment with friendly people. I love shopping and nightlife as well as cafes and a bit of history. I know what I want from life BUT I'm finding it so hard to decide on a place to live.

I suppose ive considered France, Germany, Malta, Spain, Greece, Netherlands but I just cannot think of a place to go...

If you can help or offer any advice I'd be so grateful...thank you

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      504 times
      Rep
      guest3160 is on a distinguished road
      Have you been to Rome? My sister in law has lived and worked in Rome, and Catalonia near Barcelona.....she speaks both Italian and Spanish though and her jobs all involved her linguistic skills. You may need to rethink Eeurope unless you move to touristy area....Plenty of choice in Australia....

thebeautician
      Hi Tillyfloss

Thanks for responding :)
      Yes I went on holiday there and it was beautiful. Everyone was lovely and i got around very easily just speaking English but the job prospects may be limited due to lack of linguistic skills.

Did your sis in law learn both languages thru uni?

I'd go to Oz but it means I'll have to get a visa. Maybe it's worth looking at the option here...

Title
      Liked
      504 times
      Rep
      guest3160 is on a distinguished road
      Not through uni no, I think she went to college but developed by actually living in the countries and teaching English there. She worked as a nanny and an english teacher. Shes doing an OU degree now though to further develop her career. Maybe you could pick it up as you go along?

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      jemssmith29 is on a distinguished road
      According to me,Europe is the best attractive tourist place and many visitors to come here every year.There are many places to visit here such as:-
      Effiel tower
      Tower bridge
      The Roman coliseum
      Acropolis
      Last edited by guest3160; 09-08-2012 at 01:38 PM. Reason: removed ad

Title
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      bishop25 is on a distinguished road
      Europe has some beautiful places where you can go and live. In my point of view, Paris France is very good. If there's only one city you see in Europe, this should be it. It is very beautiful, and has something for everyone. Some of the best art museums in the world, excellent food and a very vibrant atmosphere.
      Last edited by Ktee; 20-11-2012 at 02:26 PM.

Title
      Liked
      27 times
      Rep
      braveheart is on a distinguished road
      The city of Valencia would cover all your requirements.
      Ktee likes this.