Thread: UK To Australia To Spain

Title
      Liked
      5 times
      Rep
      LojaChica is on a distinguished road

Cool UK To Australia To Spain

Hi All

Just wondered if there's anyone on here who has moved from Australia to Spain?

We hope to leave in about 9 months and although it's daunting to be starting all over again we can't wait to start the next chapter in our lives.

Any tips, experiences, advice would be most welcome

LojaChica x

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Ktee is on a distinguished road
      Hi Lojachica
      Welcome to Brits Abroad
      We have a member called Aldo who did this move and I am sure he will be happy to let you know how it went. Where in Aus are you and where are you heading to?
      Kate
      LojaChica likes this.

Title
      Liked
      859 times
      Rep
      Aldo is on a distinguished road
      For me Spain offers me (and has come up with) much more than Australia. You will need to choose your area carefully as the recession is very regional here.
      I suppose what you intend doing for a living will determine how successful you are and whether you are willing to "think outside the box".
      I haven't stopped working for 8 months solid, I have 3 (Spanish) weeks until the next big property restoration job while we wait for the building licence but in that time I have a 5 bedroom villa to paint, a load of small maintenance jobs to fit in and I have just taken on the pool and garden maintenance contract for the villa we have just finished reforming.
      People are saying property has bottomed out now but I'll keep renting for a while yet as what you can get for your money is amazing. Like everywhere most things has gone up in price - especially petrol and electricity.
      You will be arriving in Feb and I'm sure the winters are getting wetter here year on year so don't expect to getting off the plane to wall to wall sunshine. That said Spain still has that "la vida loca" atmosphere that is intoxicating to me, the scenery is superb and its just 2.5 hours 35 quid away from blighty.
      Cal, Ktee and LojaChica like this.
      it happens a lot everywhere in the world...

Title
      Liked
      5 times
      Rep
      LojaChica is on a distinguished road
      Hi There!

We are currently in Sydney but have a home in Cuesta Blanca, Costa Del Sol

Bought it in 2003, restored it and unfortunately we have not had the chance to live in it yet :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ktee View Post
      Hi Lojachica
      Welcome to Brits Abroad
      We have a member called Aldo who did this move and I am sure he will be happy to let you know how it went. Where in Aus are you and where are you heading to?
      Kate
      Ktee likes this.
      LojaChica x
      UK-Australia-Spain

Chrissie8
      My daughter did it the other way round and went from Spain to Australia...and even took her 2 dogs with her! If its of any help I can get her to answer any questions you may have.
      Last edited by Ktee; 29-06-2011 at 02:46 AM.
      Ktee and LojaChica like this.

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Ktee is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by LojaChica View Post
      Hi There!

We are currently in Sydney but have a home in Cuesta Blanca, Costa Del Sol

Bought it in 2003, restored it and unfortunately we have not had the chance to live in it yet :)
      I think Cal restored a property over there and then sold it to move to Aus but I may be wrong.
      LojaChica likes this.