Welcome to British Expats Abroad

Title
      welshtrekker
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      welshtrekker is on a distinguished road

Viewing uk tv in Munich, Anyone?

Anyone know how to unblock UK TV channels while I am in Munich from May?
      I am Steve.
      I know of some solutions but not being a techie, not sure.
      Read about VPNs and using apps like Kodi.
      Googling VPNs, seems they are the way to go but many say to avoid free VPNs.
      This article for example will benefit others facing this issue, https://anonymster.com/free-vpn-a-st...l-the-dangers/ and just one I Googled. It gave me an insight so I went looking for paid ones and was also recommended by some techies to use vps cloud services. Had to Google that too!! Now I know what they are. But who lives in Germany as a Brit expat and has unblocked TV channels?
      Any help appreciated.
      Last edited by welshtrekker; 24-02-2017 at 05:50 PM.

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      john1981 is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by welshtrekker View Post
      Anyone know how to unblock UK TV channels while I am in Munich from May?
      I am Steve.
      I know of some solutions but not being a techie, not sure.
      Read about VPNs and using apps like Kodi.
      Googling VPNs, seems they are the way to go but many say to avoid free VPNs.
      This article for example will benefit others facing this issue, https://anonymster.com/free-vpn-a-st...l-the-dangers/ and just one I Googled. It gave me an insight so I went looking for paid ones and was also recommended by some techies to use vps cloud services. Had to Google that too!! Now I know what they are. But who lives in Germany as a Brit expat and has unblocked TV channels?
      Any help appreciated.

Hi Steve! Just sharing something here that I feel could be usefull for the UK expats around. I have been using Filmon for many years now. But I came accross another platform recently that is quite enjoyable. It's called TV mucho. The image resolution is better than Filmon, especially when I cast it on a big screen. But it also has 7 days catch up allowing me to watch on demand more than 150 movies, 900 documentaries, 1200 tv shows, etc. Has anyone tried this yet?