• 1 Post By Haru

Thread: Vote

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Haru is on a distinguished road

Vote

I would like to respectfully solicit the support of the Economist is sponsoring "Britons abroad" who are asking to be counted in their vote on the European referendum. Any British subject who can prove he/she was outside the UK during the referendum should have his/her say. It is not an effort for a recall, just an effort in democracy.
      giorna likes this.

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      pennyd is on a distinguished road
      I heard many were trying to get back to vote but couldn't due to the Air traffic controllers strike in France - but I don't know how many it affected.

There were the usual rejections of voting slips too.

We just got a letter - only yesterday - from our local council, telling us one of our 4 voting slips got rejected as the date of birth was not correctly filled out?! How long has it taken them to tell us and I think everyone in my household knows their DOB - so looks to me like someone was being very petty! They just put MR as well on the envelope and there are 3 MR's in our house!! Stupid lot - I've sent it back with a note saying - "Which Mr??" as they couldn't be bothered to put an initial.