Thread: Must Do things in Kuala Lumpur

Tim

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      Tim is on a distinguished road

Must Do things in Kuala Lumpur

Hi folks - off to Kuala Lumpur for a long weekend from Perth and was wondering if anyone has some must do things / recommendations to do in KL? Even better any restuarants / food which would be a must have???

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      Andy Chapman

Cool

No recommendations Tim, just enjoy yourself Buddy & we'll speak on your return.
      Tim likes this.

skink
      Are you staying in KLCC or out in the 'burbs? Have you been there before?

I've been to KLCC a couple of times and I'm afraid it's not my kind of place. Though there's many that disagree so I guess it's just me. Would like to check out the suburbs sometime which sound interesting.

Foodwise, you'll have a ball. Definitely try and check out some Nonya eateries. Mee Goreng, Satay of course. Crumbs, I'm dribbling here.

Think Doz was staying there for a while according to a previous posting so maybe she'll put a reply in. (Where's Doz got to??)

Oh Tim, not sure if there is a Mrs Tim, but if so tell her to watch it with her handbag and preferably don't take one. Bag snatching has always been a bit of problem in KL but I gather it's quite prevalent nowadays - a friend living in KL told me this. The recession y'know and of course increases in crime everywhere - sorry to single out KL, but thought I should mention.

Have fun and hope you'll report back on here. Good to hear first hand reports.
      Tim likes this.

Tim

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      Cheers guys - looking forward to it - might be 6hrs away from Perth but a change none the less. Still got a week to go tho!

skink
      Are ya back? What was it like? Good experience or not?

skink
      Guess it wasn't a good experience then :no:

Tim

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      Sory Skink - Completely missed this - has mymum staying.

Kl was good - especially the food. I'm not abig shoppers but was quite happy letting the girls dragme around. Apart from that can't complain about the flights from perth using Air Asia - they were cheap and cheerful but an absolute bargain for $250 Australian return from Perth - quite a long way to go for aweekend away but hey nothings close to perth. Apart from that did the usual communication tower, twin towers etc etc!

Tim

skink
      yes AirAsia is doing some good bargains. I've only flown with them Phuket to Singapore but they were perfectly fine, in fact better than a lot of budget airlines.

A relative of mine has just booked flights for 3 persons London-KL-Singapore for 500 quid including bags, taxes and meals. Seems unbelievable.

Tim

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by skink View Post
      yes AirAsia is doing some good bargains. I've only flown with them Phuket to Singapore but they were perfectly fine, in fact better than a lot of budget airlines.

A relative of mine has just booked flights for 3 persons London-KL-Singapore for 500 quid including bags, taxes and meals. Seems unbelievable.
      Bargain! I priced up flights fromPerth to Colombo (Sri Lanka) for Nov - under $300 Aussie Dollar - bargain!

How you finding Phuket- was there last year - gotta admit - I didn't like it :-(