Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Thailand

Title
      Liked
      20 times
      Rep
      Letsy is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by Jezz View Post
      I worked in the holiday industry in Thailand's holiday hotspots before retiring to Isaan. My background pre-Thailand days was in sales and marketing in the UK, Australia, Spain and Portugal.
      Hi Jezz, I wasn't meaning to pry into private lives, but when you referred to 'jungley', it piqued my interest.

I recall the monsoon in Pakistan, where it rained in torrents, yet it was hot and humid. We had a place in Lahore, (lived in Rawalpindi), and I recall how beautiful it was up there! it was so green, we had horses, and we were so free and easy.

I can have these memories of course because there seemed/seems to be no middle ground. One was either well off or very poor.

Given what you used to do, you must have a vastly more simple life than before. It is all too easy to see such a life with rose coloured glasses as a purer life, but frequently it is simply hard graft.

I hope that it is a life that you love though. I hope that I can get more peace of mind in mine.

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      jimbobs
      Worked as a project manager on a condomimium complex for 6 months far too dangerous the developer was not interested in health and safety and the poor workers knew no better..i am actually building a house i make sure they have decent scaffol ladders ppe..they actually think ime just an eccentric enlishman..
      I actually work in mexico now sites much safer but there is always a chance of kidnapping..or being in the wrong place at the wrong time..
      Thats the expat working life it seems

Title
      Liked
      3 times
      Rep
      Jjoseph is on a distinguished road
      Every thing there is wonder and superb. From culture to buildings and people to food,you will find the Thailand a complete land of entertainment and excitement.Food will make you spell bind and the beauty of the Thailand culture will make you fan.
      I think just to specify few spots would be a injustice with the country.
      Go and have fun by visiting the entire land of beauty and fun.
      Byron Quarter
      Last edited by Jjoseph; 24-03-2013 at 04:20 PM.
      tonyman likes this.
      Byron Quarter Holiday Apartments
      8 Byron Street Byron Bay NSW 2481 Australia

Title
      Liked
      210 times
      Rep
      tonyman is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by jimbobs View Post
      Worked as a project manager on a condomimium complex for 6 months far too dangerous the developer was not interested in health and safety and the poor workers knew no better..i am actually building a house i make sure they have decent scaffol ladders ppe..they actually think ime just an eccentric enlishman..
      I actually work in mexico now sites much safer but there is always a chance of kidnapping..or being in the wrong place at the wrong time..
      Thats the expat working life it seems
      how interesting , any good stories to tell....?

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Ktee is on a distinguished road
      I want to visit Thailand, we were hoping to go this year but can't now.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Ankurpatel is on a distinguished road
      Dear, can you share the interesting criteria so that we could be related help you.

• Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234